Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
My 51 Patrician and Packard 300 that I just brought home last night !

Attach file:

jpg  20220519_062528.jpg (388.87 KB)
4430_62864333c895b.jpg 1440X1920 px

Posted on: 2022/5/19 8:17
It is what it is....
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Re: Packard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Fond memories for that particular combination of 51s. Dad bought a 51 300 new and a year or so later picked up a "like new" Patrician which I guess today would be called a certified used car. A few years later the 300 was traded and by the early 60s the Patrician was a cast off that was demoted to being mine to drive thru high school.

Driving a stodgy old Packard to a parking lot full of much newer or more teen desirable Fords, Chevys or Dodges, my social standing dropped several notches but still have nothing but high praise and overall good memories of that car. It suffered thru misguided attempts to have AC and power windows added and the removal of a probably beautiful wool broadcloth interior in favor of cheap oil cloth to look like (to me) high priced and more in fashion naugahyde. It also suffered thru the lack of many things in the maintenance department that a poverty stricken teenager could do (or not do) to mistreat, neglect or sometimes outright abuse a car. ln spite of all that I cannot remember a time it failed to start or any time it quit and caused me or my friends unscheduled exercise in the form of walking.

Posted on: 2022/5/19 9:23
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
I love the orphans !

HotRod

Posted on: 2022/5/19 10:02
It is what it is....
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Nice pair! Looks like the 300 may have had some modifications done to it? Doesn't look too bad being lowered a touch.

How are the cars mechanically and cosmetically? Are you going to restore both or is one a parts car?

-Kevin

Posted on: 2022/5/19 10:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I parted out a 1951 300 many, many years ago and still have its engine with Ultramatic attached! It was a former race car of some sort and had somehow had dual exhaust but no manifolds by the time I got it. After owning it for several years, I finally realized what it was about it that didn't look quite right: it had a 1954 roof! It had been grafted on so deftly that I hadn't noticed right away and even looking closely inside it was difficult to tell.

Posted on: 2022/5/19 11:20
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved