Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
119 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

A good Packard t-shirt
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cityrenovators
See User information
I am unhappy with the choice of t-shirts for Packard. so I made one up. There's no money in this for me. Rush order tees will not pay me a penny, it's just an easy way to share my design. Use the PDFs to have anyone print them. the front has the classic ox-collar grill with the 1920s "Three Ps" quote, and the back has a list of Packard facts. here's the link to order from rushordertees and the pdf of the front and back. i hope some people like it as much as I do.https://www.rushordertees.com/design/?design=NzAyNjA5MQ==&utm_medium=share_link&utm_source=share_link&utm_campaign=share_link

Here’s a list of facts along with explanations.

Packard outsold every other Luxury car-maker in the world up until WWII.
Cadillac doesn’t take over the top slot until 1950.

Second auto-maker with an Automatic transmission in 1949.
General motors releases the hydra-matic in 1940, the Ford-o-matic designed by Borg-Warner comes out in 1951 followed by the Chrysler Powerflite is 1953. Outside of the U.S. Mercedes is the first to develop an automatic in 1960.

In WWII Packard made the Merlin engine, and their own Liberty V12 putting out 1850 H.P.
Packard re-designed the Rolls Royce Merlin for mass production, raising the H.P. from 1,100 to 1,700. Packards own Liberty engine produced 1,850 H.P. three of them were used to power the P.T. boats.

First to release a twelve cylinder car.
The first V12 engine was built in 1904 for racing boats, by 1913 there is one in a race car. Packard releases the first production car with a V12 as the “Twin-Six” in 1915.

First production cars to have: air-conditioning (in 1940, you had to remove the belt to turn it off), a steering wheel (before that cars had a tiller to steer), automatic spark advance, hydraulic shocks, pressurized radiator, ride control for shock absorbers and power windows (these were hydraulic at first, run off the motor).

Attach file:

jpeg  Packard t shirt front.jpeg (14.92 KB)
91211_633d9ece6da04.jpeg 417X421 px

jpeg  Packard shirt back.jpeg (15.36 KB)
91211_633d9edf500cf.jpeg 417X421 px
pdf packard t shirt front.pdf Size: 114.80 KB; Hits: 45
pdf packard t shirt back .pdf Size: 25.13 KB; Hits: 49

Posted on: 2022/10/5 10:18
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved