Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
45 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 44

Rich49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

may want to check this out.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHj5ahyCsUw

I knew all this this summer, but wasn't driving my carb cars so didn't affect me, but I heard of it from other brand sites people having issues.
Video's a little "chatty" so may want to skip along if short on time, it's 33 mins.
They don't tell U this stuff on TV, all we heard was the price was coming down, which was a lark, as only applied to regular. Crude has actually gone back up the last few weeks, so don't expect any relief soon. US inventories were up so no shortages. I monitor the hydrocarbon industry & EPA from my past connections.

Posted on: 2023/1/20 14:56
 Top  Print   

Re: may want to check this out.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
Interesting. I wonder if it was the same up here in Canada? I drove my 302 with a carb all summer and did not notice anything, but it is no race car. I wonder if it is because we always had poor gas? Ethanol is certainly part of our pump gas too.
Bob J.

Posted on: 2023/1/21 10:46
 Top  Print   

Re: may want to check this out.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
It works like this: The EPA projects estimated gasoline use. In 2021 134 billion gallons were sold. Then they look at the pork barrel ethanol producers and give them an allowance. So, when they say the oil companies must accept 15 billion gallons of environmentally wasteful ethanol, that is conditioned on the 10% limit. Thus, if not enough gasoline is being sold EPA will lower the quota. If sales are so high that that the percentage is lower than 10% the oil companies don't have to buy the crap.

Those guys are correct that gasoline is a commodity that is shipped in common pipelines. All the differentiation takes places in the tankers where they add the ethanol and additives.

If gasoline wasn't all the same commodity every oil company would have to operate its own pipeline system which is nuts.

Oh, and one more thing: This ethanol benefits farmers in Republican controlled states. All of this talk about it being liberal fascism is baloney. It partly to reduces some of the licking farmers have gotten over the years by things like government sanctions against wheat sales to countries like Russia.

Posted on: 2023/1/21 19:36
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved