Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 143

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

WANTED- Rebuilt 1953 Ultramatic
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
I have a friend who immediately needs a rebuilt Ultramatic for a 1953 Clipper. Pls send a private message- Jan 28

Posted on: 2023/1/28 10:16
 Top  Print 

Re: WANTED- Rebuilt 1953 Ultramatic
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Ross is out-of country. Pat Aldrich perhaps?

Posted on: 2023/1/28 10:43
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
How about Peter Fitch at Ultramatic Dynamics?

http://www.ultramaticdynamics.com/

Posted on: 2023/1/28 11:45
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
Custom Auto in Santa Ana?

Has anyone tried these folks?

Vintage Transmissions by Russ Sylvis

Posted on: 2023/1/28 12:17
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Custom Auto was a good shop and has been around for a lot of years. I have never had anything done there but some who have, said they are good but a bit on the expensive side. After all the disruptions of the last couple of years no idea if that is still the case.

The other place, Vintage Transmissions, has a dropdown menu with what they say is a complete list of products they rebuild. For what it is worth the Ultramatic is not on the list which is unfortunately more often the case. Most transmission mechanics no longer want to touch one due to limited parts availability and the fact they operate differently requiring some understanding of their quirks or differences that more common units do not have.

Posted on: 2023/1/28 12:38
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
Actually, Ultramatics are on the list. I actually had called him before I just decided to deal with my transmission myself, given the difficulties I would have had shipping it to them. He seemed reasonable. But if one is working with a mechanic with a forklift and a commercial address, might not be as difficult.

Vintage Transmission Russ Sylvis, Complete List of Transmissions

Posted on: 2023/1/28 13:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
There are also these guys in Salinas, Ca. Don't know anything about them, either, but they have a couple of pictures of Ultramatics, both twin and standard, in their shop:

Restoration Hydramatics, Salinas, Ca.

Posted on: 2023/1/28 13:23
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Too bad Vintage's complete list does not come up in their drop down menu off the home page but good to know there may be Ultramatic options on the west coast other than Custom. Even though they are all within about three hundred miles of each other it beats shipping to the east coast. Not familiar with either of them though so if anyone has work done please let us know your experiences.

Posted on: 2023/1/28 13:51
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
Actually, it does show up in the drop-down list, at least on my computer. Right before Studebaker/Jaguar 3 band Borg-Warner.

I wonder if Max or Kanter would have one of these transmissions sitting around.

Posted on: 2023/1/28 14:03
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
Actually, it does show up in the drop-down list, at least on my computer. Right before Studebaker/Jaguar 3 band Borg-Warner.

Correct you are and my bad for jumping to conclusions. On my browser the dropdown stops at Opel Kadett and nothing else can be seen. Since you said it was there it was made visible by reseting the page to display a much smaller font than my default. No idea if not being able to scroll anything to see the complete list is a Safari or website issue but is annoying. At any rate it would be nice to know if anyone has experience with them.

Posted on: 2023/1/28 15:23
Howard
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved