Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

White Glove Collection
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

2T9-626
See User information
Okay, time for a bit of a rant.

I have a certain pain in my rear that has been caused by the white glove collection. I ordered the Godess of Speed for the bail type radiator. I specifically told the individual that my car was a 1929 Model 626. I was assured that the item would fit such a car. The order was placed. Upon it's arrival I was elated at first. Then my heart sank to my boots upon looking at my radiator. There is substantial difference in size. My radiator opening is 2 7/8ths and this cap is over 3 1/2. Upon researching it that indicates that the item sold was for a 1930 to 33 Packard. I've tried reaching out by email and phone but alas it has fallen on deaf ears. How hard is it to put in the item discription the dimensions of the cap itself?

Thanks for reading my rant, any suggestions on what to do?

-Mr Disheartened

Posted on: 2023/3/21 16:52
 Top  Print 

Re: White Glove Collection
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I've not been able to get response from Crin either, especially about the improperly made 1955-1956 ignition bezels for which I am very unhappy. I tried direct emails, PMs and posts here on this site but nothing whatsoever in return.

Posted on: 2023/3/21 17:00
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

2T9-626
See User information
Okay so I'm not the only one. What disheartened me the most is the fact that this item was far from cheap. Being in Canada means with conversion, shipping, and duty this $1000 hoor ornament is basically a $1800 door stop

Posted on: 2023/3/21 17:12
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

29- 640 Club Sedan
See User information
White Glove:

I have spoken a handful of times with Crin, seems like a straight shooter, knowledgeable and helpful. I suspect He will be getting back to you and resolve your issue. White Glove is only a one person operation. I know a small handful of Packard owners who have loaned their shiny treasures to him for casting and reproduction so the rest of us can have access to these rare parts.

1929 Hood Ornaments:3(x2) Designs -smooth sided caps and ornate. 2 sizes.

Google search a 1929 Packard hood ornament and you will see the proper design. Or better yet buy the 1929 Packard Accessory Catalogue and you will see ALL the original items and pictures to boot. White Glove has nothing for 1929 yet.

Your car has the small radiator, thus the small diameter hood ornament on the 626/633.The Big cars, 640/645 have bigger radiators and the 3 1/2 diameter ornaments.

Hope it all works out. We need someone to continue to supply these special items.

Greg

Posted on: 2023/3/23 19:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
Agreed.
Given the time of year and coming out of a long winter there is every chance that Crin is on holiday and unaware of the issue. Like it has already been said, he will get in touch.
Bob J.

Posted on: 2023/3/23 21:14
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

2T9-626
See User information
He has not returned any calls or emails since February. I will never order from this person again.

Posted on: 2023/4/2 15:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It's been months and I never did hear back from Crin.

Posted on: 2023/9/17 18:40
 Top  Print 
Sad (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
Same here and he and I emailed some outside of this site.
I wonder about his health? I hope all is okay.
Bob J.

Posted on: 2023/9/17 21:20
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved