Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
165 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 165

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Fixing my pushbutton transmission
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I went to get front end alignment yesterday on Best Other because I had replaced upper outer pin and eccentric. After driving back to garage I realized "PARK" didn't engage when I pushed "P".
I thought about it for a while and then took the advice of several folks on here who don't believe in fixing or rebuilding any of the old original mechanisms. I took this train of thought to its logical extreme to remedy the problem.
I jacked up my new radiator cap and drove a Chebbie under it. I no longer have a pushbutton problem and have rectified several other problems relative to antiquated gear.
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
(Shh -The brown wire on the Automatic Park Relay had broken off from the terminal and I will replace it tomorrow.)

Posted on: 2009/10/27 19:41
 Top  Print   

Re: Fixing my pushbutton transmission
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
The Packard pushbutton shift is probably one of the easiest things to get sorted on a Packard, they work wonderful and are very dependable when functioning properly. I drove mine daily for over 3 years with ZERO problems.

Posted on: 2009/10/27 20:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Everything is very dependable when functioning properly - at least that's what the doctor said on my last visit.
Some systems have not had any use in quite some time so their reliability is in doubt.

Posted on: 2009/10/27 20:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
There's a pill for that now, Randy.

Posted on: 2009/10/27 20:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I thought you might have personal knowledge or opinion in that area. As usual, you assume you know the answer when you don't know the problem.

Posted on: 2009/10/27 21:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
There's a pill for everything now you f'n smartass. From now on I will refrain from answering any questions on anything on here, and let you all suffer in your own misery of misinformation and ignorance.

Posted on: 2009/10/27 22:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
You are a pill

Posted on: 2009/10/27 22:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Well Randy, I learned a long time ago from guys like you not to take $hit from no one!

Posted on: 2009/10/27 22:34
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved