Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
83 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 82

CCR, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Opinions Wanted
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mrs. Amanda Burton
See User information
After a short series of posts on the "Strange Clipper" topic about people not recognizing my car because it only says Clipper on the body and not Packard, I got to thinking of how to make people recognize it more (without adding more script to my car). I know info boards are a little cliche but they are informative. So I've designed a couple and I would like feedback on them prior to printing.

Please note that there is a line stating the information gathered from this site. If there is a specific name that belongs as well please let me know-it is not my intention to rob anyone of their work.

Attach file:

jpg  (255.47 KB)
2468_4bc0a0f8ed745.jpg 1024X1280 px

jpg  (159.70 KB)
2468_4bc0a198079de.jpg 1024X1280 px

jpg  (126.99 KB)
2468_4bc0a21fb2958.jpg 1024X1280 px

Posted on: 2010/4/10 11:13
 Top  Print   

Re: Opinions Wanted
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Nice job on the info signs, you can tell it's the work of a graphic arts professional... I'm sure other car folks would like that for their cars - maybe it's the genesis for a sideline business?

Posted on: 2010/4/10 11:41
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Great work! I have a blurb sheet hanging from my open hood at car shows detailing the car and the base price cost of every option that is on the car. Yours is sure to attract attention and you can tell the car people that want to learn because they will stop and actually read it.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 13:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Alburton,
Very professional info board. I love the your son's(?) smile from the window. 'Packards with youth' seem to be an endangered species in the auto-photo world. Mostly just old geezers like me standin' by a Packard. I need to get a pic of our grandson lookin' out my window. Thanks for sharing your idea!

I have 'the first Clipper.' I have the OPPOSITE marking problem of your car. Mine says 'Packard' but not 'Clipper.'

I put some window signs up for shows and the 1941 INFORMATION and Prices gets the most comments (even more than the car).

My theory is that "Everybody relates to money, but not everyone can imagine owning a Packard." I have left the window signs in place during 'daily driving' and get lots of people who walk over to the car and read my signs. I want to share the 'enjoyment' and get lots of smiles (almost as good as the ones in your pictures).

I may insult your 'graphics' intelligence with a couple of cell phone photos of my window signs.

Happy Clipper-ing
DanL

Attach file:

jpg  (62.68 KB)
464_4bc0c37a3b211.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (53.19 KB)
464_4bc0c3d694dcb.jpg 768X1024 px

Posted on: 2010/4/10 13:30
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
A great presentation and way to inform others about your car. The information relating to the car and the economics history of the time gives people both reference and talking points. I'll follow your lead and do the same for my '41 Coupe.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 17:50
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mrs. Amanda Burton
See User information
Thank you for the positive feedback and the flattery
but I am far from a professional at this.
My concern is that the background images will be too dark to read the font. I know they are small on here but the coloring would be very close in printing. If anyone can tell me if they are too dark please do. I know what is there so my eyes don't see them the same way someone who is just looking at them does.
I have one more coming but it's more about giving me an excuse to feed my other addiction. The idea is to shoot images of the car using a camera (the C-44) from that same year. It will be fun to see how they turn out and I think that too will be an attention getter.
I like the use of the dollar bill on Dan's page as well.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 18:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Like your presentation very much and I don't have a problem reading thru the images so think you've got the background density about right--at least for the computer. I do notice when displaying at normal size on the computer (on mine, shows a page is about 2500x3125 pixels) the white drop down shadowing comes thru a bit heavy and is slightly distracting -- but not sure how that would print out vs display on a computer. All in all though, very nicely done.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 19:09
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mrs. Amanda Burton
See User information
Thank you, I wondered about the white as well. I've printed with it before but not with this much information on a page. I think the lettering needs some kind of shadowing or wrap so it doesn't sink away into the image but you could be right about the pixel displacement being too heavy. I have it at a 5 now and maybe should adjust down to a 3. Printing will be more saturated than on a screen any day so I think that's what I need to do. The actual print resolution is sized to a 16x20 at 3200x4000 pixels at 400 dpi. Isn't digital a beautiful thing?

Posted on: 2010/4/10 19:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Alburton, Since this is truly a Clipper, the newly formed standalone division of Packard, (Which I think is very novel!) what if you titled it as '56 Clipper - by Packard I really think this would signify the intent of Packard to start a new standalone product line supported by the example representation of your car bearing no Packard script. Very educational for our car show friends.

Food for thought,
Jim

Posted on: 2010/4/10 23:58
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mrs. Amanda Burton
See User information
Good thought, I dig it. I will be making that change for sure. Good call.

Posted on: 2010/4/11 5:20
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved