Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 167

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Welcome All
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Everything was to start somewhere so here is the first offical post. As you can see I set up the forums into sections. Hopefully this makes it eaier for people to find what they are looking for.

Enjoy
-BigKev

Posted on: 2006/4/18 17:15
 Top  Print 
Love (1)

Re: Welcome All
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Kevin, I just uploaded two Packard photos. I got the message that they were received but I cannot find them and the gallery does not list them. Joel

Posted on: 2006/4/19 19:53
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Joel, sorry about that I didnt have the permissions set up correctly. The are visible now.

The pics were sitting in a holding bin waiting for me to approve them. I fixed it now so everyone can upload without me having to approve them. The less work I have to do the better.

Thanks for the nice pics!

-BigKev

Posted on: 2006/4/19 21:56
 Top  Print 

Anonymous
kev,

nice job setting up this site and sharing this info. i am having trouble bringing up some of the 1949 STB's. i sometimes get a blank screen and then have had it hang up Internet explorer. i downloaded adobe 7.7 but it still seems to lock up. i may have a problem with my system but i thought i'd check with you.

thanks
frank

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Because these were all scanned at 300 dpi to make them very clear when re-printed, the files are pretty large. and Adobe can have problems trying to open these large files across the internet. If you have a slow connection it compounds the problem.

I recommend to everyone to Right Click on the Links and do a "Save Target As" this will download the PDF file(s) to your PC rather than trying to open and view the file across the web. Once downloaded, then you can open them up and print them whenever you want. If you have a dial-up or slow connection, then I strongly recommend that you do the Save Target procedure above.

This was also the reason I put each STB up as its own file rather than a single HUGE file.

I could have made these low-res versions that are easy to view on the web, but I wanted everyone to be able to print clear readable copies that they could take into the garage with them.

I hope this helps.

Posted on: 2006/4/24 13:17
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Anonymous
thanks kev,
i took your advice and saved them prior to viewing and it worked great. i'll see if i can scan my 1949 owners manual at work when i have time. i have access to a nice scanner and can produce pages in PDF format. it is about 47 pages. i'll see how it comes out and email it to you if ok.
frank

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Sounds great! If you have problems emailing it due to size. Let me know and I can help you to upload it.

Thanks

Posted on: 2006/4/25 20:54
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved