Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
90 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 89

Danny, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1929 Packard Speedster
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
http://www.carcollectorclassifieds.com/web/classifieds/display_car_for_sale.php?siteid=Fas0409122941-1

One of a kind and fully restored. Write-up by Bob Turnquist in Spring of 1975. Straight 8-cylinder engine with 3 carburetors and a 4-speed manual transmission. Only 2000 miles on complete frame-off restoration. Very light grey with a blue-grey leather interior. Featured in Packard Cormorant Magazine. Winner of multiple national awards. Located in CA.

Attach file:

jpg  (31.88 KB)
1980_4c613c1281062.jpg 504X378 px

jpg  (24.54 KB)
1980_4c613c1c7f5ed.jpg 522X360 px

jpg  (30.36 KB)
1980_4c613c239ad60.jpg 522X360 px

Posted on: 2010/8/10 6:46
-

( o\|||/o )

1936 Packard 120 4 Door Touring

Packard Registry Link
 Top  Print   

Re: 1929 Packard Speedster
Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
I believe that this is a NEWLY BUILT body, not a restoration of the original car.

Posted on: 2010/8/10 7:32
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I always thought early cars were never painted straight white. As white was usually seen as a color reserved for service vehicles such as Ambulances, Milk Trucks, Bread Trucks, etc.

Posted on: 2010/8/10 10:11
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kev, I don't think there is any generalization that can be made about the availability of white. Colors were often brighter during times of economic prosperity and darker during times of economic hardship. And open cars tended to have brighter colors than closed and especially more formal closed cars. For example, during the depression bright colors were uncommon and white is only listed by Packard during some of those years as a pinstripe color (white, straw, ivory). Yet in the teens and before white cars, especially open cars, where not at all uncommon. Add on top of that Packard's (and other luxury makes) offer to paint in non-listed but available colors as long as they deemed it tasteful.

But I don't think any of this applies to a modern "creation" and not an original vehicle restored authentically.

Posted on: 2010/8/10 11:33
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Good information! Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/8/10 12:26
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Interesting car, too bad they didn't keep the Packard radiator and hood shapes. It looks like most any of those period speedster but rather generic.

Steve

Posted on: 2010/8/10 17:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
With all that said, I'D STILL TAKE IT!! WOW!
A friend in my local VMCCA club just finished his Model T speedster...he's so proud and rightfully so, but that baby would blow his doors off...white or otherwise!

Posted on: 2010/8/11 6:19
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved