Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
166 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 166

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

51 Packard
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

ted
See User information
Yahoo,Yahoo, Yahoo, I bought the 51 400 I was looking at and it was delivered on Monday. Sorry to take so long in posting but the wife and I have just sat back and admired the little darling (little my behind,,18'1" and there goes the garage).Anyways have not posted any photos as of yet but if you look at the photo archive starting on page 9-12 are pictures of it in the 1951 400 photos.

Although it's appearance has changed since those photos were taken by MGrimes it will need some TLC.

Mr. Ozstatman here are the numbers you are looking for for the registry:
theft#<A656987>
door jam # 24526234
firewall # 24526234
engine# 446019
front of engine# 22453

If you could please tell me anything about these numbers I would most be apprecative. I could not make out any letter in front of the engine.

I will have a lot of questions and some answers I have already found on this great site. Thank you all in advance. Ted

Posted on: 2010/10/22 11:54
 Top  Print 

Re: 51 Packard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Congratulations. Here's a start on the numbershttp://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/modelinfo/viewmodel.php?modelnum=2452&ButtonLookup=Go . 2452 is a Patrician Sedan 6234 would be the 4233rd Patrician sedan built as they started sequentially at 2001. Firewall tag is the number assigned by Briggs when the body was made and yours happens to be one where both that and the door tag number assigned by Packard match. The engine numbers are a bit of a question. A 51 Patrician should start J6xxxxx for the original enginehttp://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/PackardEngineSerials.pdf .

Posted on: 2010/10/22 12:16
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

ted
See User information
HH56,thanks for the info on the numbers,,,I am having problems with the engine number myself as I cannot locate any number that starts with 446019, I cannot make out any letter in front of the number.

Posted on: 2010/10/22 12:24
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not sure where you are getting that number but it almost sounds like a casting number on the head. The engine number is stamped on a smoothed area on drivers side of engine block just below the head. Usually located somewhere around distributor or between distributor and back of engine above starter.

Posted on: 2010/10/22 12:31
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

ted
See User information
HH56,,ok thanks for the location,,this is what I found L 217485 however I cannot find any info in my book,,it looks like the wrong engine is inside, now I am really up a crrek without a paddle,,if you find out what engine this goes to please let me know,,thanks

Posted on: 2010/10/22 12:52
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

ted
See User information
HH56 ,,ok I found the number on the page you sent me,,,it shows it is for a 53 clipper 288 engine,,now I'm screwed as all the paper work showed it is for a 327 9 bearings engine.

Posted on: 2010/10/22 12:56
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
There is nothing wrong with the 288, just a bit lower power that the 327 it came with. It will still move the car just fine. I wonder when it was swapped.

Posted on: 2010/10/22 13:02
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

ted
See User information
Hi there Big Kev,,man I don't know but I sure am pizzed off,I am going to call the seller and try to find out.Would this affect the trans or him placing on the power steering unit in any way?? thanks

Posted on: 2010/10/22 13:05
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
No, the difference in the engines are internal and everything external really bolts up the same. All the accessory engine mount holes and bell housing holes are the same.

Posted on: 2010/10/22 13:08
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

ted
See User information
ok, do you think I should try and get my Money back or just live with it?? the car was the one posted on the Packards International site and I really think the seller thought the original engine was in there I am going to call him to find out.

Posted on: 2010/10/22 13:11
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved