Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 156

JW49, Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

Year End Report Card
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
About this time of the year I alway like to share this information with you folks so you can see how the website was grown do to you all of your efforts! Thanks so much!

This graph represents the number of browser requests made to the website on a monthly basis. Just ignore Jan 08 as it is obviously not complete.

Attach file:

jpg  (22.07 KB)
1_477d6ca79cece.jpg 450X327 px

Posted on: 2008/1/3 18:18
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Re: Year End Report Card
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Interesting how the traffic dropped off in May & Sept. Only thing I can think of would be school related--either out of or back in but I wouldn't think that would cause such a significant change. What else happens then?

Posted on: 2008/1/3 20:39
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Only thing I can think of that folks are taking Memorial Day and Labor Day vacations with the family.

Posted on: 2008/1/3 20:42
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
It mite be related to the rise and wane of SPECIFIC topics. e.g. the oil pump topic. Fuel filter topic. Just because one does not contribute to a particular topic does not mean that they are not hitting it real hard for study or their own application or interest.

There mite also be certain "other clubs" watching, en-masse certain topics that have been controversial in nature from other web sites.

Since this is still a relatively new web site then perhaps over the next several years we mite see the graph become more evenly ditributed thru out the months and from year to year.

What does 2006 look like???

Posted on: 2008/1/3 21:01
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Kev et al,

I'm stating the obvious but, the growth is most noticeable over the last few months. This I think is due to Kev's management and contributions together with the contributions of all members whether by comment, opinion, project blog, owner registry, pictures and material contributions. Another recent factor is the chat room which has been very well received after some initial teething problems.

I'd like to say a big thanks to Kev for his efforts and to all who made contributions in any way.

A big A+ seeing this is a Report Card!

Posted on: 2008/1/3 21:05
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I dont have the statistics for 2006, as I didnt start the website statistic tracking through the current software until end of December 2006.

Posted on: 2008/1/3 21:06
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
One thing to keep in mind that even a low of around 200,000 hits a month, that is better than 6500 hits a day. At 200,000 number that is 277.78 hits per hour, and 4.63 hits per second. Even in low period that is not to bad.

I wonder out loud what kinds of numbers that the PAC,PIC, and AACA web sites generates, compared to this web site.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/1/3 21:49
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I am sure all those websites do just fine as they are very well established. I was not sharing the above report to in anyway use as a comparision between this site and any other ones. Just trying to show how everyones hard work and particiation with the website shows in visitor growth over the last year.

Posted on: 2008/1/3 22:44
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
BigKev -

You are way too modest, man. I must admit that I had my reservations about this site when you first came up with the idea, but it truly offers enthusiasts plenty that the traditional tea parlour clubs are sorely lacking.

Let me just say that you have set a new standard in the hobby that puts a lot of clubs, that have been online a lot longer, to shame.

It has been my pleasure to help with some of the features and contribute scans of info (I'm in the middle of a big one right now), but I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. I just hope I can get caught up with all that work this winter so I can get back to hands-on work with my own cars and start my own blog(s) and perhaps develop some new, original articles for the site.

The plug in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch was just the beginning. I don't think it will be long before this site gets prominently featured in a leading hobby publication.

Posted on: 2008/1/5 16:26
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Mal -

Last summer, when BigKev knew fer sure that he would be at the annual meet in Warren, I asked him to e-mail me a template that he had used for printing some business cards to hand out at a PI meet in his area.

I pasted his elements into Word, using the Avery business card template and printed 200 cards Friday evening, in COLOR. I delivered them to BigKev Saturday morning, to hand out as he made his way around the grounds - and drop on the front seat of every car on the show field. I believe that gave the site a little boost over June, as depicted in the graph.

Now, word of mouth, links on other sites back to this one, and site rankings on search engines help too, but they only go so far. Clearly, new, additional features keep people coming back, and the live chat will be heavily used by existing members.

Yet, I think it helps to have a subtle reference in-hand like those business cards to get people to take a first look at the site. Perhaps others members will be in a position to hand out cards similarly; if so, BigKev can provide them with a copy of the Word file with my blessing. I would only ask that they not edit or add to the card without BigKev's permission.

Posted on: 2008/1/5 16:54
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved