Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
116 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 114

29tons, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

clicking on "Reply" box.
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
A POST reply: At the end of each POST there is a "Reply" box.

A THREAD reply: At the end (or near the top) of a thread PAGE there is a "reply" box to click on.

THis has been a source of confusion to me. What difference does it make if i click on a POST reply box or if i click on a THREAD reply box???? Either way i get to post. So what difference does it make which "Reply" box i click on??? Or does it???

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:07
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Re: clicking on "Reply" box.
Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I think it makes a difference depending on how you view the forum. If you are set up to view it as 'threaded' it causes post replies to be indented under the respective post. If you use the flat (chronological) view like I do, I don't think you can see any difference. Maybe BigKev can elucidate when he gets back from the big Packard Pow Wow.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:29
 Top  Print 

Merry Christmas!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Dave, I hope you don't think this is a quibble, but I know a (small) difference. If you would use one of the external buttons

Click to see original Image in a new window

then the automatism will use the first heading (thread heading) for your next comment whereas the internal button

Click to see original Image in a new window

transfers the last (perhaps changed heading).
To give you an example I intentional changed the heading. Now it is up to you to return to the original headline by using one of the external buttons or to retain the new headline by using the internal reply button.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:47
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Feliz Navidad
Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
You can change the subject using either button, but the one at the top will return it to the original automatically without having to re-type it. Good point.

Posted on: 2011/1/30 0:10
 Top  Print 

Re: Feliz Navidad
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
JD is correct in his explanation of the differences in what the buttons do.

Basically if you are viewing the forum in the default, recommended "flat view" they both act the same.

I find the threaded "tree" view damn annoying, hence why the Flat (aka chronological view) is the default, and preferred.

Posted on: 2011/1/30 22:19
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Re: clicking on "Reply" box.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
I see another difference- the quote feature. If I click the button at the bottom of the page and then quote, it quotes the first posting of the thread. If i hit the reply in the post itself the quote is for that post.

Posted on: 2011/1/31 7:21
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved