Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
45 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 40

37Blanche, bazou37, BigKev, Don B, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Fuel hard line
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
So, in the process that is my car, I'm about to craft a new hard line to replace the rubber hose that some clever mechanic had grafted in place of the original line.

Can someone with a 1937 115c/120 (or similar year) point me to a picture of the fuel hard line on the engine end? (Where it attaches to the flex hose)

I'm planning on using 5/16" because that's what I remember hearing that it takes.

How does it attach to the fuel tank pickup tube? Small piece of rubber hose with a hose clamp on each end?

Thanks guys!

Posted on: 2011/7/24 21:22
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Re: Fuel hard line
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Ken, I don't have my 115C here to look at, but as I recall at the front of the car, the fuel line tubing goes from the outside of the RH frame rail through the frame with a special fitting and sliding lock to fasten it to the frame. This is where the hard line and flex line connect. The sliding lock is like what is used to secure brake lines to the frame where the hard line and flex lines are connected. I seems to me the fuel line is 3/8" but I could be mistaken. Sorry I can't be more descriptive than this at the late hour.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/7/24 22:18
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
The factory installation of the flexible hose at the engine end is to a fitting that goes through the frame with the tubing connected directly to the other side.
The connection at the tank end is hard piped.

Attach file:

jpg  (225.87 KB)
1137_4e2d2503c4454.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (97.81 KB)
1137_4e2d25385936f.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (80.80 KB)
1137_4e2d255200c5d.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2011/7/25 3:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Awesome, thanks for the quick response guys! My tank pickup only has about a 6" pigtail, so I will probably but a nut on it, flare it, and then use a double female adaptor to attach is to my hard line. I actually went and looked at a 1938 Packard 120 today that I was hoping to get some parts from, and when I lifted the trunk lid, the trunk floor was rusted through the top of the fuel tank. I reached in through the trunk and removed the fuel pickup tube. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Posted on: 2011/7/25 20:02
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

craig clawson
See User information
funny thing I was going to post this exact question but only for our 1935 1205 super 8. the line goes up over the frame on the right side and was cut off. there is a rubber hose and hose clamp going to the fuel pump. but this is not right and was looking for the proper fittings. I am assuming that the hard line end was like a 5/16 brake line style male threads as max merritt has the flex hose and it looks to be a female swivel that connects to the hard line and male pipe threat going to the fuel pump. any one have pictures?

Posted on: 2011/7/26 12:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Bump!

On the fuel tank end, does the line go over, under, or through the frame? My car has a conveniently placed hole, but not really sure that it should go through, it seems like it would be easy to have it rub. Thanks!

Edit: Also, does the fuel pickup line from the tank face forward or face the passenger frame rail?

Posted on: 2011/8/10 16:20

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Quote:

Ken P wrote:
Bump!

On the fuel tank end, does the line go over, under, or through the frame? My car has a conveniently placed hole, but not really sure that it should go through, it seems like it would be easy to have it rub. Thanks!

Edit: Also, does the fuel pickup line from the tank face forward or face the passenger frame rail?

The fuel line runs along the outside of the right frame rail then drops down and turns 90 degrees to go under the crossmember in front of the fuel tank then turns again to go into the tank pickup from the front.

It touches the front side of the brace for the tank mounting strap.

The photo shows where it touches the brace and then turns to meet the fitting on the tank pickup.

Attach file:

jpg  (130.50 KB)
1137_4e436d26aad0c.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2011/8/11 0:52
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved