Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 163

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Modern Marvels - Chrome & Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
I watched Modern Marvels about chrome yesterday on my DVR. Most of the examples of chrome on cars were of Packards. They interviewed one guy who had two prototype Packard hood ornaments. One had a battleship on it and another had rear facing posts on it because it was an integrated antenna. Apparently they never made it to production. Also an interview with an owner of a 1954 Packard Caribbean convertible. All in all, a pretty interesting show. If you missed it, I'm sure they will show it 100 more times on the History Channel.

Posted on: 2011/8/26 19:55
[url=h
 Top  Print 

Re: Modern Marvels - Chrome & Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
I believe the hood ornaments they showed being made by lost wax was at American Arrow Corp. in Michigan. I don't know that for sure, but they showed what they make. The owner (Don Sommer) is one of the founders of Motor City Packards.

Posted on: 2011/8/26 21:15
 Top  Print 

Re: Modern Marvels - Chrome & Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Yes they showed that ornament being made. The segment before that where he was showing his ornament collection had the two Packard ornaments I was referring to.

Posted on: 2011/8/26 21:47
[url=h
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved