Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
99 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 98

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Factory Floor Money Raiser
Home away from home
Home away from home

Don 37
See User information
My work for an Automotive OEM has taken me to Detroit this week and one of the things I wanted to do was to stop by the Packard Proving Grounds and purchase one of the floor wood bricks that they make for raising money for the ongoing restoration of the Lodge and grounds there. The buildings are closed for the Winter but I and a photographer friend took some pictures of the Lodge. Sue T was kind enough to drop by and deliver the floor brick. It is well worth the $40.00 that it cost. I have added a picture of it below. It is about 6 inches long, 3 inches wide and 2 1/2 inches tall. Very professionally done with an aroma of the many years of factory work that has seeped into it. The aroma of history.

Attach file:

jpg  (64.37 KB)
1153_4f16354798053.jpg 1280X692 px

Posted on: 2012/1/17 21:59
1936 and 1937 120's Are what we like best. But we also like all other Packards too.

Don 37'
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Factory Floor Money Raiser
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i very much enjoy mine as well. i have it at work on my desk. it does smell wonderful.

Posted on: 2012/1/17 22:05
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Ahhhh, the sweet smell of creosote in the morning...

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/1/17 22:18
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello Don:

Glad to hear that Sue Tolenen was able to help you get your floor brick and that you are happy with your purchase. Sue and her husband Dave have been volunteering at the PPG for about 8 years now. They don't own a Packard, but live in the neighborhood next to the PPG and love automotive history.

Since I first posted the wood block artifacts here several weeks agohttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8511&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

the visitors to PackardInfo.com have purchased 20 of the wood floor blocks. You guys keep this up and we will have to ramp up production to keep all of you happy.

If you want one of these momentos from the PMCC Building you need to e-mail Bruce Blevins at: 33packard34@blevinsscrew.com

Price is $40 and that INCLUDES shipping to th lower 48 states. All proceeds benefit the restoration/preseervation of the PPG in Utica (now Shelby Township, MI).

Thanks for your support of the PPG.

--Roger--

Posted on: 2012/1/17 22:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Roger,

Will the floor blocks be available for purchase at Hershey this year?

Posted on: 2012/1/18 0:33
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello Mal:

Yes, we can arrange for the wood floor blocks to be sold at Hershey this year.

The guy that makes them up (Bruce Blevins) for the Packard Motor Car Foundation will be at Hershey and the PAC National Meet scheduled for Williamsburg, VA. He always makes it a point to take our projects with him to such venues.

Obviously, if you buy direct, then that means you get to pick the one you want and it saves us the postage cost. Or you could come visit us at the PPG as Don did.

--Roger--

Posted on: 2012/1/18 9:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Roger, Following your suggestion, I have exchanged e-mails with Bruce about selling the floor blocks for the foundation at the Salado Meet in March. He is going to get back to me on this, waiting and see if someone from there may be attending. I think selling the blocks at Packard and other meets where there are Packards would help to expand your sales and fund raising. Nothing like point of display sales. I'm sure you would have no problem getting volunteers to sell them for you. Just a suggestion.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/1/18 11:42
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello JW:

Yes, I know about your e-mail exchange with Bruce as he has been copying me on your correspondense.

You know this is an all volunteer effort here. Bruce makes these artifacts in batches of 2 dozen and since I announced it here we have sold 20. Now Bruce needs to get another batch going.

Yes, it would be really nice to have point-of-sale displays and we will try to accomodate you for the Salado Meet and I hope you sell out. However, it takes time to mass produce a bunch of these, so for the time being we will use this website and other Internet media to keep a handle on production.

Now if someone would like to take Bruce's place and do the washing, ultrasonic cleaning, milling to size, sealing, urethane, and emblem mounting, then I am sure that Bruce would be happy to speak with you about it.

--Roger--

Posted on: 2012/1/18 11:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
I found this while looking for the film on the 25,000 mile Patrician. So the Packard plant is still getting exposure.

Has Anyone in the Detroit area seen it?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/06/3d-film-auto-plant-detroit-institute-of-arts_n_1257563.html

Posted on: 2012/3/1 11:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Yes, the wife and I made a special trip to the DIA to see it.

The "film" is NOT what you would expect - it is an "ART Project." So you have to be in an "artsy" frame of mind to, I guess, "get it."

Fortunately/Unfortunately? I was stone-cold sober when I saw it and therefore, did NOT "get it." Neither did my wife. At first we thought there was something wrong with the 3D glasses, so we swapped them out. Had I been "stoned" then, that might have made a difference - might.

This was put together by art students using 3-D, I guess, computer generated imaging, to "fly" throughout the Packard Plant. The overall effect was as if you were traveling through a holographic image painted in neon colors. Does this sound like a flashback to the 1960s?

Posted on: 2012/3/1 14:34
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved