Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 110

Ozstatman, 53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

2x2 manifold wanted/question
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Doc gonzo
See User information
looking for a 2x2 intake manifold or a place i can go to that remakes them. also in 51 was a oil fliter an option or im i just dumb and cant find it?

Posted on: 2012/3/22 19:52
Packard on a budget
 Top  Print   

Re: 2x2 manifold wanted/question
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Doc gonzo
See User information
also i have one hubcap for free i will post a pic later. my 200 only came with one and i'm going to run beauty trim. more bang for my buck.

Posted on: 2012/3/22 19:56
Packard on a budget
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Doc gonzo wrote:
looking for a 2x2 intake manifold or a place i can go to that remakes them. also in 51 was a oil fliter an option or im i just dumb and cant find it?

Can't help on the manifold but the real period original piece does turn up on ebay from time to time. There is also a foundry company which periodically advertises making various new castings. Reports of some who tried them indicate a spotty history. If you do run across one of their ads, would advise some caution.

The oil filter was an option. Here is the Packard location of the factory unit. Install instructions are in the accessories section of service manual. Various aftermarket filters were also sold by the corner gas station and parts store. Those might not have followed the Packard suggestions as to locations. Packard used the partial flow type which takes a small amount of oil from pump outlet port and thru a restriction into the filter. The filter outlet just dumps into the crankcase. If you do add a filter, unless it is the full flow type, be sure and keep the plumbing close to the suggested. That small curved pipe on the right of sender connecting to the port above is the feed to the lifter gallery. A wrong installation can starve the lifters.

Attach file:

jpg  (10.48 KB)
209_4f6bdd21d7bed.jpg 360X219 px

Posted on: 2012/3/22 21:22
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Doc gonzo
See User information
thanks man. Yup I need to put that on the top of my list now. hope it's not to costly.

Posted on: 2012/3/23 0:44
Packard on a budget
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved