Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
205 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 204

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Cheeze Head paint job
Home away from home
Home away from home

fory
See User information
You guys really can't figure out what that contraption under the hood is?? It's a Packers car, clearly that's a vacuum operated beer bong!!!!!!!! That bottle off to the side is clearly filled with Schlitz.

On a more serious note, are you restoring this car? I'd love to see something like this get brought back to glory! I will never understand sports fans either... there's a really nice Oval VW bug in my home town, and is a really nice, solid car, except it's all done up in Raiders stuff and has really weird '90s billet wheels... Anyways, I'd really like to see pics of the transformation!!!!

Posted on: 2013/5/26 5:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BlackBeerd
See User information
I worked on the car a little last night. I'm not sure it's worth it. I might be parting it out. :(

Posted on: 2013/5/26 9:37
1954 Clipper Super Touring Sedan -5462
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Black Beerd:

Not to worry, either paint it silver and blue with a huge star on the side (for Dallas) or burgandy and gold with an Indian on the front door (for Washington), and you can double your money!

Posted on: 2013/5/26 15:01
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike T
See User information
I believe this is the same car owned by someone at Tanners sports bar in Kimberly, WI. I saw it there about ten years ago, and the bartender said that they used it to tailgate at Lambeau feild. If I remember correctly,it use to have a working beer tap coming out of the Packard emblem in the trunk.

Maybe someone there could give you a little history on the car or maybe some fun pictures.

(But let us know if you plan on selling some parts)

Posted on: 2013/5/26 22:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BlackBeerd
See User information
Yes, it's the same car. Now I have one more piece of the story.

From what I know, it was painted like that in 1997/98 When the Packers went to the super bowl. It was given away by a radio station in an on-air contest. I'm not sure which station. The guy that won it drove it for about 3 years and then it went to Tanners for a bunch of years. The story I'm getting is that the guy who owns the bar got the signed title from the winner, but never titled it and over the years has lost the title. It's been sold a couple of times after that with a bill of sale. I don't have the last titlee's name yet but I was told he has since moved to Minnesota and no one has been able to contact him.

The bottom side is much rustier than I originally thought. It looks like it was sitting outside over dirt for a while. It's going to take a lot of sheet metal to fix. First thing is to see if I can get it titled. Without that, there is no point putting any money or time in it.

Posted on: 2013/5/27 5:07
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

StraightEights&Aces
See User information
I found this one online

Attach file:

jpg  (27.31 KB)
1803_51a3b826bcac3.jpg 550X315 px

Posted on: 2013/5/27 14:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BlackBeerd
See User information
I'm resurrecting this old thread.

After sitting for so long, it looks like the changes in Wisconsin law makes it possible for me to get a legal title for this car.

Anyway, I've started working on the car and it is in as bad of shape as I expected. To make it safe, I will end up replacing parts or all the frame. The body is going take major sheet metal work. The interior is the just as bad.

That being said, I've decided to do more of a retro-rod out of it. I'm keeping the engine because it checks out as being in good shape. The plan for it is electronic ignition and fuel injection. I'm also looking at a McCulloch supercharger. That would mean welding up a tube header and intake. Because flat head straight 8s are just cool as heck.

I'm also keeping the trim work. In the end, the car I want is going to look mostly stock but have modern upgrades to everything. I'll probably paint it light blue with the dark blue top to match my '54 Clipper.

If you are looking for anything, I will be putting parts in my ebay store. I'll post here when I do. For now, I'm accepting offers on the vacuum oiler by the wiper motor, the wiper motor, fuel pump with the vacuum pump, generator, auto trans, rear axle, suspension parts, brake parts, heater core, heater fan, clock, radio and interior parts.

Posted on: 2019/4/4 8:29
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved