Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
183 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 179

Todd W. White, 39Rollson, Tobs, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 20 »

Re: GearRat's '52
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
My parents described it as what looked like a cigarette being thrown out, but only at certain points once we got close to the show. The rear brakes once again locked up when we died at the entrance to the show, which I was able to fix on spot. On the return leg home they said there were no sparks to be seen. So maybe the shoes were too far out? But I don't see how they would be throwing sparks.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ORBZXljEiZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted on: 2013/4/22 17:13
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Here's another video, just driving around the neighborhood. Car is doing fairly well, battery needs replaced, and I need to drive her a LOT more. Here's the link if it doesn't work for you here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJQM9McZEr4

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mJQM9McZEr4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted on: 2013/7/2 23:04
Garrett

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Hey Guys!

It's been pretty quiet around here. Battery is absolutely DEAD, and I haven't driven the car in 3 or 4 weeks. But, I anticipate I'll be driving her around more this fall once I can get a battery. So, to make things safer on the road I decided to tackle the issue of, "the amount of force required to stop the car", and fabricate a new pedal. It will take some getting used to with the pedal sticking out further and it being a little lower. The thing that blows is I can't test her out till I can get her started, so we shall wait and see.

-Garrett

Attach file:

jpg  (32.96 KB)
3628_521a83b293fe8.jpg 650X488 px

jpg  (32.48 KB)
3628_521a83c89ce02.jpg 650X488 px

jpg  (37.75 KB)
3628_521a83d797e93.jpg 650X488 px

jpg  (39.64 KB)
3628_521a83e073de3.jpg 650X488 px

Posted on: 2013/8/25 17:23
Garrett

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
What's the booster/MC under that toe plate?

Craig

Posted on: 2013/8/25 18:56
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Quote:

Craig wrote:
What's the booster/MC under that toe plate?

Craig

Hey Craig!

I believe it's the same booster/master that you used on your Panther project.

-Garrett

Posted on: 2013/8/25 19:36
Garrett

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
GearRat52 Quote:
I believe it's the same booster/master that you used on your Panther project.

Cool! Another convert.

Craig

Posted on: 2013/8/25 20:23
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

zougeride
See User information
Found your blog and was encouraged about my own working space. It is limited, but upon seeing yours I started work on making my space work for me.

I too am considering a slab outside of the garage.

What part of Texas do you live. It must be close to Austin.

Down here in "Exotic" Tomball, Texas we have several Packard owners.

Zougeride
1949 Standard 4dr 288

Posted on: 2013/9/7 9:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Hey Guys!

Howdy there Zougeride! Sorry for the delayed response. Being that there was no paved surfaces at my house, with the exception of the street, I had to get some sort of hard flat surface to work on. All the money I earned at my first job was put into the car and the slab that sits beneath it. One of my co-workers was amazed by my level of commitment to have a slab poured at a house that isn't even mine. One big oak tree provides shade to the entire work space, hence the term "shade tree mechanic" I live to your west in San Antonio, and found the car in Seguin. I wish you luck with your Packard and work space enhancements.

As far as the current status of my Packard, I haven't driven or started her in 65-66 days. It hurts me to see her sit and look neglected, so I have been working hard trying to get a battery for her. I ended up buying an Optima red top from summit racing for $135.97, which should be showing up in the next few days. I figured I go for something that is lower maintenance than the lead acid type. And I finally got that ever elusive tail light lens I've been looking for, for over a year. I plan on driving my '52 as much as I can this fall since cooler weather looms. I have a big trip planned for her on November 23rd to historic Gruene, TX. There is a pre 1948 carshow going on there that I'd like to checkout. I can't participate with my Packard, but I really want to go somewhere in her. Here is a link to a site about the show, and how to register if anyone's interested:http://hotrodrevolution.com/

Hope all is well Packardinfo-ers,

-Garrett

Attach file:

jpg  (92.72 KB)
3628_524a246e64a56.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2013/9/30 20:25
Garrett

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Hey Guys!

My Optima arrived today! Got her installed in the '52 and started her up; man I missed the sound of that engine. Drove her down the street once and parked it. I need to fill a couple of tires up and fix a small oil leak before I go any farther. Question: I noticed when the car sits for over 3 days without starting that the needle drops out of its seat. So, when I go to start it up again and gasoline fills the bowl, it begins to overflow out of the vent. Is this due to an improperly set float? The little paper tool I got with my rebuild kit to set the float didn't exactly tell me where on the float to measure. Since the float kind of angles, I went from the middle.

Thanks,

-Garrett

Attach file:

jpg  (73.32 KB)
3628_524c6d064662c.jpg 1000X750 px

jpg  (76.23 KB)
3628_524c6d0fad834.jpg 1000X750 px

Posted on: 2013/10/2 13:59
Garrett

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Assuming you have the WGD carb, here is Packards suggestion for checking float level. Distance is 13/64 if the dimension isn't clear in the photo.

Attach file:

jpg  (49.53 KB)
209_524c719c5e04b.jpg 538X609 px

Posted on: 2013/10/2 14:19
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 20 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved