Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
183 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 183

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: 55-56 Factory AC Bracket
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Big Kev says "Also in one of the picture someone has mounted a fan blower directly on the firewall on the drivers side. Very unusual"

Kev, that's the usual set up for a factory air-conditioned Packard V-8. That's where it goes.

Posted on: 2008/2/16 14:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
I've never tried it but T'Pacman has indicated that an ADDITIONAL power steering pulley will work. Apparently they can be nested one upon the other.

Yes they can, that's how we did it when we mounted the supercharger on my '56 Patrician. Next time, I'll use an internal balance 302 Ford balancer, the pulley options are endless on those, and they fit the Packard crank.

Posted on: 2008/2/16 14:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
And if you think its a PIA to check brake fluid in a non AC Packard, try it with that blower in the way.

Posted on: 2008/2/16 17:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
There is one thing that confuses me about the factory firewall mounted fan. There is no embossment nor knockout on the firewall for the factory fan. How would one determine where to cut the hole precisely when installing the fan???

Posted on: 2008/2/16 22:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Installed at factory, no problem. Installed in field then there is a reinforcement in the kit which is stamped to match indentations in dash. Place in position and drill holes. Other holes have paper templates. The instructions are available on the website for anyone interested.

Attach file:

jpg  (25.64 KB)
209_47b7af97454f7.jpg 472X314 px

Posted on: 2008/2/16 22:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Thanks. I'm downloading the AC manual now.

Posted on: 2008/2/16 23:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The extra PS pulley works well but is larger diameter than original AC pulley was and may drive the compressor a bit fast. Probably not a problem for the Sanden or other rotary but something to be aware of. Jack Nordstrom has advertised a bracket and also a pulley he is manufacturing for the 56 Golden Hawk. Not sure about the bracket and how it fits in a Packard but the pulley looks good. He has pictures on the Hawk sitehttp://www.1956goldenhawk.com/. Click on OPTIONS, Technical Items, then AC Addition.

Posted on: 2008/2/16 23:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
My 56 Exec has a Mark IV unit ca. 1958. I did not get the condensor with the car. Only the evaperator. The biggest problem i had was finding and fitting a condensor to the front of the car.

Now i suspect that the blower motor on the evap is loosing power. Not sure what i will do about that yet.

Posted on: 2008/2/16 23:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I'm currently working on brackets for the GM ca. 1973 compressor. This propject has been temporarirly sidelined until i get the Power brake set up installed and it's comming along rather fast so far.

Posted on: 2008/2/16 23:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
It's also narrower than the stock A/C bracket, too.

Posted on: 2008/2/16 23:32
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved