Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
236 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 234

Ozstatman, moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: An Ultramatic experiment
Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Bernardi,

I think I know what you mean, I think, I had a trans, speed up then drop in drive,

It didn't follow the rpms, and shift, it stopped like, is that what you get,?

edit, run that by peter fitch, ultra dynamics

not sure if ross is around

Posted on: 2016/3/12 23:42
Riki
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Believe Kev said Ross is back so I would definitely get in touch with him. Flare was a big issue on 55s and they did all kinds of things to make it tolerable before the 56s came out. Hopefully your car had all the changes and was working adequately at one time. If so, perhaps some linkage has changed or worn so a slight adjustment on throttle linkage might help now.

Posted on: 2016/3/13 0:25
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
Thank you for information. I'll contact Ross, or have my mechanic contact him. The transmission is great otherwise.

I have another 400 that can stand some help. I'm thinking of having a 700R4 installed locally. Bendyson is too far away to have him do it, tho I expect to use his kit. Can someone who has installed the kit himself tell me the number of hours it took? The only feedback I have was for installation on a Golden Hawk of the electronic version. It would not be typical of the non-electronic on a Packard.

Spring is here and I'm getting itchy to start. Any help will be much appreciated.

Bernardi

Posted on: 2016/4/1 11:20
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved