Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 223

Ozstatman, Vaughan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: valve guide
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Assuming the stone you're going to use has been used before, you'll want to "dress" the stone to a fresh new surface before using. You can use the same dressing jig to reduce the diameter of the stone, though buying the right size one is a lot easier. My grinding kit is a Black & Decker but my stone dressing jig (grey unit just behind the stones) is a Sioux - excellent quality unit; you really should dress the stone for each new seat and sometimes more than once per seat depending of the work needed.

I recall you said you were only going to repair this one guide and seat, but given the condition of it, it would seem short-sighted not to do a complete valve job.

Attach file:

jpg  (73.30 KB)
177_5abf93305c3ed.jpg 740X650 px

Posted on: 2018/3/31 8:48
 Top  Print   

Re: valve guide
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan kimbro
See User information
Eve got a nice set there!obviously u have been doing this a long time,however I have limited resources and no machine shop or machining tools..as far as doing them all...maybe I should but they are all good not leaking and am only having issue on one cylinder..being shortsighted...not sure about that..I appreciate our opinion and help as always!

Posted on: 2018/3/31 9:19
1949 deluxe 8
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved