The Most Comprehensive Free Online Reference for Packard Owners
Become a member of Packard Motor Car Information, right now! (it's free)
Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who's Online
31 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Packard Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 30

Ozstatman, more...

« 1 (2)

Re: Leaded Fuel Additives
Just can't stay away
From Boston, MA
Just curious about the cause behind the high-speed turnpike driving exception for my own knowledge, and if this means one might want to consider something different for the tank if one was planning a longer trip with more highway miles?

Re:leaded additives/fuel, this is still the #1 thing (in my experience) that men aged 50-70 ask me specifically about. Usually after making some comment about their opinion on the styling and/or putting a V8 and disc brakes in. My replies about the originality and it being fine on pump gas after the rubber/carb rebuild baffles every time! The ladies and younger or older folks always love the car as is.

Thanks!

Posted on: 3/22 9:02:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From grand rapids, mi, usa
you need to be above a certain age to have heard the ads from gas companies for how additives made their brand of gas better.

Posted on: 3/22 9:09:20

Forum Ambassador
From New Jersey
PennyPackard, perhaps this will help your understanding of the relationship between high speed driving and stress on exhaust valves and seats. Sorry, I forget the original source of this graphic.

For more, just Google "valve seat recession" and you'll find an afternoon's worth of reading. Here's a good one to start with:

https://oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/top ... -seat-recession-explained

Attach file:

jpg  Valve Recession Chart.JPG (74.55 KB)
177_5e779aa810ea4.jpg 701X435 px

Posted on: 3/22 10:03:43

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Search
Recent Photos
Random Photo
1940 Packard family sedan, view of front interior through passenger side door
Helping Out
PackardInfo is supported and funded by user donations. If you would to help out by either donating content, or funds to help with the upkeep and hosting of this site please EMAIL ME or click on the donate button.