The Most Comprehensive Free Online Reference for Packard Owners
Become a member of Packard Motor Car Information, right now! (it's free)
Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who's Online
33 user(s) are online (21 user(s) are browsing Packard Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 33

more...

1950 interior window trims
Not too shy to talk
From Berkeley, CA
I need to replace the interior metal trims at the interior windows. They came off pretty easy with some minor bending, but going back on is not that easy. I seem to recall that at one point I saw a photo of how to do it using a thin rope to work the trim piece around the continuous slots on all four sides, but I can't find it now. Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted on: 4/29 16:11:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 1950 interior window trims
Forum Ambassador
From Fresno CA
There is a photo showing rope being used to pull the rubber weatherstrip over the molding. That photo is on page 5 of body section IV of the 46-50 service manual. Using rope to also pull the outer rubber over the door skin is shown a few pages later and is the only instance I can remember using rope. The rest of the molding snaps over the clips over the vent window and in sort of a recess in the door metal before being screwed down. The snap over the clips and recess can be a bit stiff and require some decent strength.

Posted on: 4/29 17:25:49

Re: 1950 interior window trims
Not too shy to talk
From Berkeley, CA
Thanks Howard, I'll look up those photos. I've tried to fit them in, I think it needs both strength and finesse, neither of which are my strong suit.

Posted on: 5/6 19:01:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Search
Recent Photos
Random Photo
IMG_0471.jpg
Helping Out
PackardInfo is supported and funded by user donations. If you would to help out by either donating content, or funds to help with the upkeep and hosting of this site please EMAIL ME or click on the donate button.