Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
91 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Series 23 Bracket ID
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Wareham
See User information
I'm gathering parts to re-assemble the front fenders and grille on my '49. There are a couple of brackets I can't figure out. I'm sure that when I disassembled the car several years ago, I thought for sure I would remember where they were attached. I've searched the shop manuals, over 180 plates and even the service councilors looking for a picture of this piece. I know it's the area of the grille and fenders. Anyone of you Series 22 or 23 guys happen to know where it goes?

Thanks for the help!

Joe

Attach file:

jpg  (476.26 KB)
8531_59820d749e3fa.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2017/8/2 12:36
 Top  Print 

Re: Series 23 Bracket ID
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
They look like they may be the pieces circled in red.

If not, see if they will fit between the inner edge of the rear flat splash panel over to the bottom of the fender somewhat along the path of the red line -- either in front or behind the flat panel. The 47 has a similar looking but longer piece behind the panel going over to a hole in the fender bottom edge.

Attach file:

jpg  (149.16 KB)
209_598212ea35e9e.jpg 1754X1242 px

Posted on: 2017/8/2 12:55
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
It goes between the fender and the top of the rear splash panel and is actually shown in the parts list illustration but not labelled.

Attach file:

jpg  (151.93 KB)
1137_5982130d5982a.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2017/8/2 13:00
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Wareham
See User information
Howard,

Too short for that area, but you got me looking closer at that plate. They were stored with my grille parts so I thought they went in the front. But looking closely at the picture you attached, I believe it is the piece to the upper left of the air duct hole in the splash panel. I was trying to fit it in the wrong area. It bolts to the splash panel and to the horizontal edge on the back of the fender. There are 2 holes in that area of the fender so I believe that's where it fits..

Thanks for your help!

Joe

Posted on: 2017/8/2 13:16
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Wareham
See User information
BDeB,

Great picture, that what I was trying to say to Howard.

Thanks.

Joe

Posted on: 2017/8/2 13:18
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved