Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
59 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 59

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

39 120 radio
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
I have the head of the factory radio in the dash of my 39 120. However, the radio receiver and speaker are long gone. Does anyone have a photo of an original 39 or 40 radio box and speaker? The speaker is basically a round can with a speaker in it - a dimension of the can would help also. Basically I'm trying to make a replica using a VW radio - the ones in the 60's were 6 volt positive ground, and the volume and tuning handles can be hooked up to the cables from the head.

Posted on: 2013/8/13 20:31
 Top  Print   

Re: 39 120 radio
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information

Posted on: 2013/8/13 20:35
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Lowell Fast
See User information
Sounds like a good plan using the old VW 6v +G. The head design on the original 120 is complicated and relies on many contacts.
Quite often the speakers and "tuner boxes" show up on Ebay and are reasonable IF they have not been restored.
Put in a "search" on ebay for each separately and you will find them eventually.
Also check the "retro modifiers" that show up on this site and on youtube. They have no use for ANYTHING 6volt.

Posted on: 2013/8/14 13:01
1939 - 120 ,4 dr / overdrive
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
When I got my 38 it only had the tuning head in the dash. I got one of those 6V pos ground to 12V neg ground convertors and picked up a cheap AM/FM radio from Walmart with tuning dials. Then I ran the tuning head cables to the dials- works fine

Posted on: 2013/8/14 13:12
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved