Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
133 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 131

humanpotatohybrid, acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1939 Six
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

JIMO
See User information
Any suggestions for oil in the six cylinder - just acquired this vehicle .

Also, attempting to run with electric fuel pump, engine runs for about 30 seconds then seems to run out of fuel. Car has a Carter WA-1 carb which may have been rebuilt before I purchased -- I am almost at the point of opening up the port into the bowel area - bowl doesn't appear to be hanging up and is set to allow as much fuel as possible into the bowel area - but engine continues to only run for 30 seconds

Posted on: 2013/9/24 15:35
 Top  Print   

Re: 1939 Six
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
There are probably almost as many opinions on oil as there are regular posters on this forum. You can't go far wrong using the type (non-detergent) and weight that Packard recommended in the first place and this would be my choice if you haven't dropped and cleaned the oil pan, or know that it was done recently. With a clean oil pan all kinds of options on more modern oils present themselves and the choice would depend in part on the temperatures the car expects to see in service.

As to the fuel, have you checked to see if the electric pump delivers a continuous stream? If the pump is good, a clogged filter, filter screen, or pickup tube in the gas tank are good places to start.

Posted on: 2013/9/24 15:49
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved