Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 217

John Iaccino, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Oil Pump Bolt Bushings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard 1948
See User information
As you can tell...there has been a bunch of Packard Action around here lately!!!

Next question...Oil pump.

When I removed the parts from the Packard I placed all of the bolts/ hardware in plastic sandwich bags and wrote what was in each bag with a "permanent" marker. Then...ALL of the bags got wet with cleaning solvent and gone went the markings...Grrrr.

So I found a bag that looks like it would have oil pump hardware in it...There are two short bolts that thread into the oil pump housing and there are two long bolts that pass through the housing and thread into the block ...and in that bag...two short bronze bushing looking things (metal tube about 1 inch long) that look like they should fit between the oil pump housing and the block so as to seal the oil passage...however the machinist said that he thinks they will fall through the block if inserted.

This guy is so old school that he does not have internet nor a digital camera otherwise I would send a picture. If needed I'll get my dad (older than the old school guy) to go down and take a picture.

Does anyone know what these bushings are for?

As ALWAYS...THANKS!!!

Bill

Posted on: 2015/6/15 18:21
Bill,

Dedicated to keeping the man who owns one on the road!!!
 Top  Print   

Re: Oil Pump Bolt Bushings
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
There is only a flat gasket between the oil pump body and the engine block.

No idea what the bushings would be for.

Posted on: 2015/6/15 19:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
There are phenolic/greyish bushings that isolate the fuel pump bolts from the pump housing. There is only a gasket at the oil pump.

Posted on: 2015/6/16 6:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard 1948
See User information
THANKS Ross... I knew I could count on you.

I'm sure we will get the chance to play our favorite online game "Name That Part" as the weeks unfold!!!

Bill

Posted on: 2015/6/16 10:46
Bill,

Dedicated to keeping the man who owns one on the road!!!
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved