Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 142

Guscha, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Vendor for rebuilt running board and door sill mats...
Home away from home
Home away from home

D-train
See User information
Hi,

As I'm working on my '49 seven passenger, I hooked one of the door sill mats and it just cracked off. I was reading this month's Skinned Knuckles magazine and I saw an add for a rebuilder of running boards and door sill mats. I gave him a call and he said that he has a set of NOS mats that he replicates. He will call me back with the exact dimensions (and price) to confirm what I have. (I also have a standard 8 sedan that is "in process").

Has anyone had any experience with Running Board Rubber Company?

http://www.runningboardrubber.com

Thanks!

Mark

Posted on: 2013/1/17 4:01
 Top  Print   

Re: Vendor for rebuilt running board and door sill mats...
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you have access to SK back issue 408, July 2010 there is an article with pictures along with a write up of the company and process. Finished items certainly look good.

Granted, 2 1/2 years is a lifetime in the old car business. For what it's worth, as of the time of the writing all was good. The editor stated they had been watching the company for over a year for any signs of problems and not heard a whisper of an issue or complaint.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 9:42
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Vendor for rebuilt running board and door sill mats...
Home away from home
Home away from home

D-train
See User information
I Think that I started SK in 2011, but they sent me 10 back issues. So I'll look.

The gentleman with the company said he is backlogged 4 months, and is basically taking work for next year. So they either have alot of work, because of being good, or are just slow at turnaround.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted on: 2013/1/17 11:56
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved