Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

For those who want their cars kept close.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Just watched an episode of Extreme Parking on the Travel Channel. I've heard people fall in love with their cars so for those of you, here is the ultimate fantasy parking garage. It can be yours with a modest $5-10 million investment in your living space -- a new high rise complex where your car is always close by -- but you will have to move to Singapore.

When arriving home, drive your car into the "garage". It's actually an elevator and conveyor system. While you take the passenger elevator, the car takes it's own. Once on your floor it automatically transfers to a horizontal mover which delivers it to your personal enclosed 2 car garage adjoining your space. Open the curtains on the glass separating wall and your Ferrari, RR (or Packard) is close by and in full view so you can enjoy wall art. When leaving, push a button and the conveyor comes and gets the car, takes it down to the "garage" and has it awaiting your arrival.

Kind of unnerving to see a car riding an outside glass enclosed elevator to the 25th floor. One way to make sure no dings or scratches appear but sure hope there are not too many power or elevator failures.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 21:42
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: For those who want their cars kept close.
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Sounds like something strictly for the trendy zombie types of the world i'd say.

Often when looking back into the ways and means of bygone eras i often hear people (and often myself) say: "What were they thinking?".

This elevator/conveyor car delivery system is another one to prompt the "what were they thinking " question some 50 years from now.

I suppose for the kind of money the elevator/conveyor car system would cost then one could more easily have:

a big black jet with a song stage in it
a credit card that ain't got no limit.
a hill top mansion driving 15 cars
and hang out at all the coolest bars.....

Posted on: 2013/6/12 6:44
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Re: For those who want their cars kept close.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Gee ... why didn't I think of that?

But seriously, folks ... I live in a townhouse that does not include garage parking. That is OK for my daily drivers, but I pay to rent garage space for the Clipper. In the not-too-distant future, my wife and I would like to buy a place with at least a 2-car garage, although I doubt very seriously that it will be in HH's condo in Singapore.

Most likely it will be a fairly ordinary house in the Good Ol' USA.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 9:55
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved