Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 133

Bob Supina, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

OIL PRESSURE LIGHT
Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Has anyone installed a T at the block and put a oil pressure gauge there so you can check what the pressure actually is? My 54 Clipper has an idiot light and I didn't want to put a gauge inside the car.

Posted on: 2012/7/16 15:52
 Top  Print   

Re: OIL PRESSURE LIGHT
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Several have and a few with photos. Some have mounted oil pressure / ammeter packages on firewall or engine in plain sight and others have hidden one or both under the fender or in some other accessible but out of the way spot. There may be some photos in the archive but more likely they were posted in regular threads so may be harder to find.

Posted on: 2012/7/16 15:56
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I will be checking the archives out, it does take some time on some of the items.

Posted on: 2012/7/16 16:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
I removed my dysfunctional oil pressure sending unit on my 327 straight eight, and temporarily installed a Stewart-Warner oil pressure gauge that presently sits atop my battery. Not attached to anything, except for the oil line- just sitting there. It reads 20 psi at idle.

I don't monitor it when driving due to the constraints of being behind the wheel.

Posted on: 2012/7/16 16:27
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I ordered a oil pressure gauge to hook up under the hood. When the cooling system is working I will tie that into the idiot light system.

Posted on: 2012/7/16 21:59
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved