Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
237 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 234

kevinpackard, Tobs, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Fuel line flush
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike T
See User information
Cleaning out my fuel system after dealing with rust in the tank (tank is getting relined, fuel pump rebuilt).

Is there a good way/technique to flush out fuel lines?

Posted on: 2013/8/4 21:28
 Top  Print   

Re: Fuel line flush
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
For about $20 and an unpleasant afternoon you can replace the whole thing. I find at this age that they often have pinholes and weak spots that will make vapor lock-like symptoms. I just use premade tube from the autoparts store and connect the pieces with brass couplers.

With the ethanol in the gas making it boil more easily, I take the opportunity to reroute the fuel line under the frame rather than through the engine compartment. This keeps it a bit cooler and is easier to run the tube.

If your tube is very nice just disconnect it at both ends, shoot in some carb cleaner and blow it through with air. Wrap a rag around the free end to catch it.

Posted on: 2013/8/5 6:43
 Top  Print   

Re: Fuel line flush
Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I suggest replacing the fuel lines. When doing the key parts like the brakes, cooling system and fuel system I think the rule of thumb should be to renew the system to prevent any future problems. It usually will save you time and money in the long run.

Posted on: 2013/8/5 9:18
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved