Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
362 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 360

kevinpackard, R H, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Seat Covers?
Just popping in
Just popping in

Tailwinz
See User information
I have a completely original Packard 200, 1951 model and am looking for seat covers to protect the original fabric. Does anyone have original seat covers for sale or know where to buy reproductions if anyone is even making them? I’m trying to stay period correct if I can! However, I’ve got to put some in regardless so any help is appreciated!!! I would also completely cover the seats in plastic if I can find someone who can do this work? Thank you!

Posted on: 9/25 9:09
 Top  Print   

Re: Seat Covers?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
No one reproduces them; I am sure NOS ones have been hunted to extinction.

But you can probably find some generic aftermarket ones that generally fit. If you can't find anything for a 1950s full-size bench seat, check for full-size trunk bench seat.

Otherwise, it would be having a local upholstery shop make something up.

Posted on: 9/25 9:55
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
SMS could probably whip something up if your wallet is bursting from excess cash on hand.

Otherwise I would contact your local upholstery shop as Kev said.

You could also contact the Studebaker Museum for drawings. The part numbers are in the accessories manual.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/partslist4854/48-54_Accessories.pdf

Posted on: 9/25 10:02
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CCR
See User information
I saw these on ebay but might be cheaper to get someone to make to exact fit. I actually found and bought the narrowest clear vinyl NOS seat covers (~52 inches) I could find for my 39 for the cushion part of my front to minimize wear on the rips on the driver's side (I need to trim/stitch to fit better). I assume you want a full seat cover but if you wanted a clear vinyl seat back I am not going to use that part so I'd let you have it for shipping. I won't be at Hershey but if some people I know are going I could send it with them or someone heading through Atlanta could take it the rest of the way.

ebay 1

ebay 2

Posted on: 9/25 20:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CCR
See User information
Saw this vinyl set that might be of interest.

ebay

Posted on: 9/25 21:00
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved