Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
137 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Parts list question
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
You don't see such notation very often (or consistently), but unless there's a separate, specific application for a 120C for that part in the same group, I would say yes. '120 thru 115C' is like saying 'all Junior models from 1935 to 1937' - that is, shorthand for '120-120A-120B-120BA-120C-120CA-120CD-138CD-115C'.

The 115C chassis, which debuted in 37, was based off the 120 platform, but with a shorter wheelbase and a 6-cylinder motor. So, it shared a lot of parts with the 120 line - as did the 138CD chassis, which had a longer wheelbase to allow for a 7-passenger body.

Mind you, I'm no expert on prewar cars, but a veteran parts man of more recent years, and I used the parts books extensively in compiling the content for this site's Service Index. As such, I made it a point not to use 'thru' in specifying model applications to avoid such confusion.

You could be in for a lot of work in trying to make sure you get 100% of one of two similar cars that are laying in pieces - UNLESS the seller agrees (and is gonna be around long enough) to cough up anything you may have missed, after the sale. Cars that have been left disassembled (even partially) are a tough sell and don't bring as much $$$.

Posted on: 2014/1/17 9:53
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved