Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 111

Gary Kulp, West Peterson, 56executive, chocobo9x, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Flex_a-lite 11319 or 1519 fan?
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Can u post an eBay link to the shroud u bought???? We would certainly like more details. In 12 years of studying the 55/56 Packards this is the FIRST attempt at a shroud that i know of. Greatest idea thus far to actualy make one happen. I havn't yet. Probably will now.

Posted on: 2011/3/24 8:56
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

buddyfromvb
See User information
i went to ebay and put in 56 packard parts and searched through 18 pages hopefully this will get you there sooner the item number is 29056624430 and the seller is welder joe i paid around 50 dollars including shipping it is a welded aluminum shroud and includes mounting tabs good luck i hope they work out for us both.

Posted on: 2011/3/24 18:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
The number given does not work for curreny items; there are no closed items with that number.

At least for me......

Posted on: 2011/3/25 10:26
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The number given does not work for curreny items; there are no closed items with that number.

Thank you. I thought it was because I couldn't figure out how to use that search on ebay properly. Even a search by seller didn't work because they want a seller number. Still probably not doing it right, but I at least know others are having the same issue.

Posted on: 2011/3/25 11:46
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
If the cooling passenges of your engine are full of rust crud all of these things you are discussing are just band-aids. Know your engine, look inside.

Posted on: 2011/3/25 17:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
HH56 writes: "Even a search by seller didn't work because they want a seller number. "

I don;t think was a 'seller number" but rather a security check number that is asked for now on eBay for variuos functions. One such function that asks for a security check number is to 'ask seller a question' directly from an auction list. eBay shows a distorted code that has to be typed into a box by the searching user.

Either way, i've never had any trouble with any of the eBay perusal functions.
I couldn't find it eihter. NO such member: "welder joe" is what was returned to me when i searched "find a member".

Posted on: 2011/3/25 18:22
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

buddyfromvb
See User information
seller number is 3635 i told them to come to this thread and find you guys there used to be 18 pages of packard parts today there are 6 and he is not in there i hope this helps they are ready to ship the only way i have been able to find them is to do a search by buyer that would be buddyfromvb you will see recent purchases and can look at the shroud and hopefully contact the elusive seller good luck

Posted on: 2011/3/25 19:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
One of his current auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WELDED-ALUMINUM-ELECTRIC-RADIATOR-COOLING-FAN-SHROUD-/290548804090?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a60ee9fa

For those searching by eBay seller name note that "welder-joe" is hyphenated. There is a "-" between "welder" and "joe".

Posted on: 2011/3/25 22:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
If the cooling passenges of your engine are full of rust crud all of these things you are discussing are just band-aids. Know your engine, look inside.

Don't mean this to be rude, but we went over these jumps in some detail in the previous thread.

The car has been professionally flushed twice in the last year; there may be more crud, but it does not have fifty years of untouched buildup. As noted earlier, it only overheats (and perhaps it is not so much overheating as getting close to vapor lock?) when caught in scorching day non moving traffic, or during a parade. Since my wife likes parades, and you acn't control traffic, a more efficient fan seems like logical, inexpensive insurance for those days. Thinking of adding air, so it makes more sense....I hope.

Posted on: 2011/3/26 12:03
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

buddyfromvb
See User information
i just received the aluminum fan shroud ,quality is nice and depth looks great but if the width would have been 2 inches more it would be perfect i will install and let you know next week. this weekend we will be visiting the grandson and his mommy

Posted on: 2011/3/31 13:02
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved