Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
94 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 93

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packard Used Car values
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi Peter; to the best of my knowledge Packard-Detroit stopping building RHD cars in 1954 and the only RHD 55/56 car I'm aware of was converted in the UK by Leonard Williams (their dealer there). So I'd be interested in anything you might recall from seeing those 55/56 RHD cars in Australia. Do you suspect the conversions were done locally? Was Kellow-Faulkiner still the Packard importer in those years?

Posted on: 2011/11/22 9:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55clipper
See User information
I bought my 55 Panama from a used car lot right next to my Army post, Fort Bliss, Texas in July, 1961. $500.00.
It had about 30,000 miles on it and was mint. My first Packard but not the last. After two years of neglect and abuse it gave out on me and I blew the engine. I found an engine, in fact a whole car in a junk yard in El Paso and bought it for parts. The guy at the junk yard offered me a deal. He would pull the engine and sell it to me for $100.
Or, he would sell me the whole car for $50. I bought the whole car and swapped the engines at the junk yard. The owner of the yard even helped me with it.

Posted on: 2011/11/22 19:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
I found an Owner's Manual for a '52 in the glove box of my blue '51. On the blank back pages was a list of all the repairs that was done on the car during 10 years of ownership. The list included the usual plus replacing body panels (due to rust, I'd suppose) about a couple of years before it was traded in

On a new '62 Chevy......

He was allowed $65 for the Packard.

Posted on: 2011/11/22 22:35
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved