Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
238 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 237

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Muratic acid to clean plastic tail light lenses?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
After I had my taillight housings rechromed, I carefully hand polished the red and the clear lens with Brasso. I spent some time on them and polished out many scratches. They look very presentable.

Posted on: 2012/7/6 20:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Today's formula for success seems to stipulate being an idiot who takes themself way too seriously.

It has even been known to work here.....

Posted on: 2012/7/6 21:30
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
I don't listen to anything on television, even more so since they got rid of analog broadcast because I don't get any channels. I assume Congress expected me to buy a subscription to cable as part of their master plan to rip off the public as regards television.

I agree. There's some sort of collusion between the gubbamint and the cable/satellite/TV industry in this. These idiots seem to have forgotten where the industry came from and why the medium became so popular with its audience.

For decades, I was able to receive TV signals, here in rural PA, from a half dozen (UHF) stations TV in the Pen-Ohio area with nothing but an old set-top bowtie antenna, but I later replaced that with by an amplified loop type to get a more stable signal and better picture.

While DTV does NOT require a special antenna, the digital signals have nowhere near the range of the old analog. When I purchased an HDTV, I was only able to get one station until I upgraded to a better amplified indoor antenna - Terk HDTVa.

Techically, I get more "channels" now, but only because a broadcaster can host additional subchannels on a single signal frequency, but most of these new channels are fluff. Under the DTV paradigm and even with the new antenna, I get fewer stations - three in all, and none more than 28 miles away. Alas, I lost the one network I watched most of all - the signal from the "local" PBS affiliate.

Because of the severe weather we get here, I'm not about to waste money on a rooftop antenna, but I might try an outdoor antenna mounted up in the attic - IF the economy ever straightens up.

I certainly enjoy the superior picture quality of DTV and the sets are comparatively cheap now, but I have no interest in paying a fee to watch a stream of commercials that's occasionally interrupted by bites of "entertainment".

I now return you to the original topic.

Posted on: 2012/7/7 8:58
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved