Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
314 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 312

Joe Santana, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: Brake Bleeding
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Rule of thumb (in absence of mfg'er instructions) is to screw the POWER unit stem in or out to allow for 1/32 to 1/16 inch clearence from the MC piston.

I have seen some instances where the MC is shimmed away from the powere unit to obtain the clearence if too tite.

Posted on: 2012/4/10 19:51
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
One of the tech's there at MPB told me the pushrod that was assembled to the booster wasn't the proper length. And what they claim is that the pushrod should come pre-adjusted. Yet, it seems they adjusted it for some other master cylinder.

Posted on: 2012/4/10 22:11
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
MPB sent me the proper push-rod for the power booster, and I was able to get it dialed in yesterday. I had my brother help by pressing on the pedal, while I visited each wheel cylinder. Everything seems to be bled properly now, and the pressure sensitive switch activates the brake lights. I am getting close now! All that I see remains is, oil change, wheel, four tires, gas, and headlights. WOO HOO! But, it is never that easy.

-Garrett

Posted on: 2012/5/5 18:36
Garrett

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
GearRat52 Quote:
MPB sent me the proper push-rod for the power booster, and I was able to get it dialed in yesterday.

I had the same problem with the new different dual MC on my 63 Tempest that I converted to disc brakes. In my case, I was able to figure that out and using a LH threaded rod and a coupler, get the correct length. Without it, bleeding the brakes was impossible. None of the parts were MPB however.

Craig

Posted on: 2012/5/5 19:08
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
WOW GearRat ! Graandma was slow but she was old...........rotflmao....

You've been tryin to bleed those brakes for two months ! Just givin ya crap....LOL I'm glad you finally got them bled.

I should talk though.....I haven't touched my Packard since I got back from the LSRU. Not because I don't want to......but working 12+ hour days times 6...........just don't have the energy or time.

HotRod

Posted on: 2012/5/6 13:33
It is what it is....
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
LMAO! Yeah, it has been comin' along pretty slow. But, now I am close to gettin' her on the road! First place I am planning on going to is Sonic. I'm really excited to roll the beast out of the backyard, especially since she probably hasn't seen the road in 41 years. Tryin' to get the 200 done before school lets out on the 31st. That way I can take it over to the shop and let my old instructor see it.

Man! Sounds like you have had plenty to keep you busy, LOL! Make sure to get some rest before you go workin' on the PackPatty. Hope you get a chance to work on her.

-GearRat

Posted on: 2012/5/6 13:50
Garrett

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
A question on the Master Power Brakes MC1001PZ master cylinder for anyone using them. Did you need adapters to connect to the Packard lines and if so, did you find everything needed locally or have to buy with the cylinder.

Posted on: 2012/6/13 14:22
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
With the MC1001PZ, you will need adapters to connect your 3/16" line. I was able to find the adapters needed at AutoZone. You can order the adapters from MPB, for convenience, but might be a little more expensive.

-Garrett

Posted on: 2012/6/13 15:30
Garrett

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks for info on the adapters. Any brand name on the MC or indication where it was made. For the price, hope it is USA. Must confess to being a bit put off by the MPB shipping charge which figures out to be about 21%. Guess the bullet will have to be bitten or thoroughly chewed since others had to as well and the cylinder seems to work.

Posted on: 2012/6/14 11:37
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Howard!!!

Look up PROMO codes for Master Power Brakes. I was able to get 10% or 15% off my order total. Even though shipping may be high, my package arrived fairly quickly. Not sure about the brand, but I do believe it is American made. Here is the link to the promo codes:

http://www.tjoos.com/Coupon/155560/Master-Power-Brakes#b

Good Luck!

-Garrett

Posted on: 2012/6/14 12:24
Garrett

Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved