Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
83 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 83

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Still have fuel problems
Home away from home
Home away from home

1OF750
See User information
did you try blowing air thru the unit, I have had problems starting engines in past that have set for a while, got a air hose with a rubber blower tip, disconnect fuel inlet and blow some air thru the inlet.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 18:00
 Top  Print   

Re: Still have fuel problems
Home away from home
Home away from home

Anthony Pallett
See User information
I had a similar problem on an old Ford truck. Have you replaced or cleaned the fuel lines you would be surprised how much garbage can get stuck in there. I tried a test with a fuel can and some spare rubber fuel line. It went like this

Disconnect the fuel line into the pump and feed a length of hose into a fuel can and start the engine if the problem persists its fuel pump forward. If the problem goes away its behind the pump so tank sending unit or lines.

If you still have the problem after that try filling the float bowl manually (its a bit messy) through the vent and start the car again the float bowl will hold enough fuel for a few minuets of idling time if it still doesn't run its something internal with the carb

if you have access to some spare parts you can try this as well.

rig up an electric fuel pump (the chepie Mr Gasket parts store ones would work well as they don't have a lot of pumping pressure) separate from the cars fuel system run a line from a fuel can to the pump and then to the carb fire up the pump and try and start the car. If the problem goes away its the factory fuel system if its still there all signals point to the carb.

I know this is a bit involved but i had to do all this when figuring out the system on my Ford and it did work.

Posted on: 2013/5/8 2:47
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved