Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
223 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 221

Don Shields, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Correct tire size 1950 Deluxe 8
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mike Burkhart
See User information
I am going to replace the tires on my 1950 Deluxe 8. What is the correct size? It now has 7.60 X 15 BFG Silvertowns on it. The Firestone Gum-Dipped closest size is 7.10 X 15. I want the closest to stock as possible.
Thanks,
Mike

Posted on: 2014/5/18 15:31
Proudly using my real name for 67 years.
 Top  Print   

Re: Correct tire size 1950 Deluxe 8
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

1950 Packard
See User information
Last year I bought 4 new tires from Universal Tire in PA.
They were wide whitewalls with fluted edges. I have a book entitled Packard 1948 to 1950 by Robert J. Neal. It is a great book about Packards of this era. On page 236 of this book it gives information about tire size. Here is what it says; Packard 8 & Deluxe 8 (15 x 7.60). Super 8 & Super Deluxe 8 (15 x 7.60) --- (15 x 8.20 for long wheelbase cars). Custom 8 (15 x 8.20). This is under 23rd. series general specifications. My tires have the Universal name on them and a rep from the company said that they were made by, I believe, Good Year Tire in PA. I have been very happy with my set and I especially like the fluted edges. They look great. Good luck on yours. JE

Posted on: 2014/5/18 23:50
 Top  Print   

Re: Correct tire size 1950 Deluxe 8
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mike Burkhart
See User information
JE,
Thank you for the info. The car now has the BFG Silvertown 7.60 X 15's on it. I think I will go back with the same thing.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.
Mike

Posted on: 2014/5/19 7:45
Proudly using my real name for 67 years.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved