Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 159

JWL, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Hood ornaments on 120 coupes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
First, I'm totally new to the world of Packard cars. As such, please don't upbraid my ignorance of "the obvious."

Second, did the 1936 -1939 120 coupes not have hood-ornaments?

Third, do all 1936-39 120 coupes have straight eights?

Fourth, did the 1936-39 120 coupes come with radios and clocks?

Thank you in advance to whomever may have the answers or can direct me to where I can find the answers.

Kind regards
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2014/6/23 19:16
 Top  Print   

Re: Hood ornaments on 120 coupes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry51
See User information
Hi Garrett. I'm not very knowledgeable on the 30's Packards, others will no doubt provide you with more definitive answers. It's a vast subject, so by no means should you feel that you are ignorant about anything to do with these cars!

This site is so comprehensive that you will find most of the answers to your questions about Packards here. For example, the members own / have either restored - or are restoring - just about every era of Packard sold. The Owner Registry here has photos and information about many models, and you can search by Year / Model Number etc to see that info.

Also very useful and comprehensive are the online Manuals, which have diagrams and descriptions of most models. You can refer to these to get details of which cars had whatever accessories, engine configurations etc.

Use the Main Menu index to the left top of Home Page to get to the areas you want.

With my limited knowledge of 120's, here are brief answers to your questions:

1936-39's would have hood ornaments. Virtually all Packards had them. There were often choices and variations also. Some "more expensive' models had a 'more opulent' hood ornament, and sometimes the customer could upgrade theirs before they purchased their car.

I will let someone else provide the detail on engines, but I think there were sixes and straight 8's available those years. Packards also had cars fitted with V12's but as far as I know these were not in the 120's.

Clocks were usually standard, and radios were generally an option that could be added.

Expect more responses - this is the most helpful automotive website in the world. People will be very interested to hear about any Packard that you have, or are interested in.

Posted on: 2014/6/23 20:51
 Top  Print   

Re: Hood ornaments on 120 coupes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
Thank you very kindly for your most informative and cordial response. I appreciate it. I had bad luck with that other Packard website. Totally unhelpful, difficult to navigate, and confusing.

I'm probably one of the most mechanically ignorant individuals on God's green earth. I barely know the difference between a spark plug and a screw driver. Yet, I appreciate and admire the style and beautiful of pre-War Packards. One of these days, God willing, I'm going to own a Packard.

Again, thank you for being so helpful.
as aways
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2014/6/23 23:13
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved