Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 218

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Recent photo- Green 55 400
Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
I have been looking at the 55 400 in the recent photos section. The car is listed for sale,on eBay and says that it is fitted with front disc brakes. The photos show a remote reservoir for the brakes on the firewall and as best I can see, the car uses the original brake pedal location.
I was under the impression that the existing brake would not operate a modern master cylinder due to the 1-1 pedal ratio.
I posted a question on eBay about the master cylinder he is using.
I was under the impression that the Tredle Vac,could not be used with disc brakes but perhaps that is wrong.
Has anyone looked into the disc brake,conversion and whether it would operate with the Tredle Vac?
If a modern dual master cylinder will work,with the existing pedal,location,it may be preferable,to the Tredle Vac even if it was not power assisted but not sure it would stop the car without power assist. I guess if the pedal works, the unit could be supplemented with an Electo- Boost.
I would prefer to retain the existing pedal location and maintain the drum brakes.
I know this subject has been beaten to death but ........
If I get a reply, I will post the results.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 1:11
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved