Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
230 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 226

Phat Jonny, humanpotatohybrid, BigKev, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

42 Packard 160 dual stream heater
Just popping in
Just popping in

D.A.
See User information
looking for info ; Dual Stream heater plumbing. was the heater valve single or double (existing valve looks like stock single, with a 5/8 copper tube welded to it and capped)? Pictures of engine compartments that might help. D.A.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 19:12
 Top  Print   

Re: 42 Packard 160 dual stream heater
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Believe that is the same Dual Stream and defroster/footwarmer as used on the Clippers thru 47. The Clipper cores were in series with a single valve on the head and I'd bet the conventional bodies were the same.

The Clipper plumbing uses 5/8 hose and starts at the valve on head with a short hose to the defroster top tube. Out the defroster bottom tube to the Dual Stream and then out the Dual Stream with the hose ending at the return port at water pump. Clipper is all hose but I know some of the conventional bodies used a length of metal tubing running down the center and the length of head for part of the return.

EDIT. There is a photo of a 42 180 engine in the photo archive. You can't see any detail of the hoses on passenger side but you can see the return hose connected to the water pump just as I described for the Clipper. It appears they eliminated the long metal return tube down the center of head that was used on some prewar cars.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 19:44
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 42 Packard 160 dual stream heater
Just popping in
Just popping in

D.A.
See User information
Thank you so much Howard, the input and output to the firewall are horizontal on this vehicle. So I guess ill go with the nearest to the valve for the input. Thanks again D.A.

Posted on: 2015/8/23 17:29
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved