Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 217

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Cheap '56 Caribbean, 53 years too late
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

This clipping is from The Penny-Saver, Wellsville, N.Y. January 11, 1962, note the '56 Caribbean convertible at the bottom of the left-hand column. I've been to Wellsville many times since then, not a sign of that Caribbean anywhere.

Resale values, which had been poor prior to the demise, went through the floor after. Without knowing what condition it was as a six year old car, I'd still happily pay the asking price....were it not 53 years too late! Since I was only 9 1/2 years old then, shouldn't lament the missed opportunity too much.

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  (90.62 KB)
409_563a3f13441bf.jpg 800X601 px

Posted on: 2015/11/4 12:24
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Re: Cheap '56 Caribbean, 53 years too late
Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
I remember back in those times any used convertible had low resale value the most expensive model when new very low resale value. I remember that any convertible you open up would smell wet and of musty, back window would more than likely discolored or cracked may be even torn top. Also a convertible not a easy sale in cold January in the northeast

Posted on: 2015/11/4 14:59
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

Re: Cheap '56 Caribbean, 53 years too late
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
He's a bit off on the "original" price; even with the available extras of A/C, wire spoke wheels and Twin Traction they were just a tad short of $7000.

Posted on: 2015/11/4 15:00
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved