Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
142 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 141

Mechagon, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Auto Design Art Show at the PPG
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Wanted to announce the Auto Design Art Show to be held later this month at the Packard Proving Grounds in Shelby Township, MI (suburban Detroit).

The purpose of the event is to honor Bill Robinson for donating twelve, Packard concept car renderings to the Packard Motor Car Foundation. He created these works of art in the early 1950's when he was at Briggs Body Company.

We also want to recognize the work of the League of Retired Auto Designers. Each year members of the League hone their skills on updating the designs of cars from the past. This year they selected Packard and guests will have a chance to see what could have been if Packard had survived. Among the 21 exhibitors are Wayne Katy, Steve Brown, John Perkins, Dennis Burke and David McIntosh.
Additionally, automotive fine artists, such as Tom Hale, Charles Maher, Gerald Freeman and bronze sculptor, will be displaying and selling their works of art.

Dates:
Thursday, November 17 through Sunday, November 20

Times:
Friday Night Reception - $15 per person or $25 per couple
Friday: 6:00PM to 9:00PM
Special reception with Bill Robinson
Includes: 2 tickets for wine or beer, cheese, crackers and light hors d'oeuvres
RSVP:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/automotive-art-the-packard-proving-grounds-tickets-28877374003?aff=es2

General Admission - FREE (donations accepted)
Thursday: 2:00PM to 8:00PM
Friday: Noon to 4:00PM
Saturday: noon to 8:00PM
Sunday: noon to 5:00 PM
Serving: coffee, tea, soft drinks and desserts each day

Attach file:

jpg  (32.03 KB)
436_581b6fa9d0e5f.jpg 900X475 px

jpg  (37.03 KB)
436_581b6fb7eb76b.jpg 900X669 px

jpeg  (92.28 KB)
436_581b6ff518af5.jpeg 1280X854 px

jpg  (54.28 KB)
436_581b703d5ddc4.jpg 900X695 px

Posted on: 2016/11/3 12:14
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Re: Auto Design Art Show at the PPG
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Where can I order a 2016 Clipper?

Posted on: 2016/11/3 15:11
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Re: Auto Design Art Show at the PPG
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello BDC:

If you like the 2016 Clipper, then you can buy a reprint from the artist at the PPG. You might also like to read his comments about Packard.

"In my opinion Packard designs epitomized beauty, grace and elegance from the early 20's through the late 40's. Their designs relied on elegant, timeless proportions and flawless execution rather than the design fads of the day.

This is especially evident on some of the custom bodied Packards executed by the likes of LeBaron and Dietrich. These cars just looked expensive and reeked with elegance. In doing my sketch

I wanted to do a design that embodied these qualities. A design that would look powerful, graceful and upscale and at the same time would convey a timeless quality."

Dennis Burke

Posted on: 2016/11/4 10:04
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved