Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
231 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 229

John Sauser, Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Air filter for 51 patrician, Steve that connects to carb
Just popping in
Just popping in

Keywestpackard
See User information
Hello all, looking to find the Steve to connect my filter to carb. Anyone have any suggestions or will I have to have made. The sleeve is way larger diameter is much larger than the carb, so I imagine it's a reducer. I saw on another filter topic an old ad that showed this one, not enough detail to see if sleeve has reducer or carb does. Thanks in advance.

Attach file:

jpg  (251.54 KB)
160496_59ac2365b2af2.jpg 1920X1080 px

jpg  (230.56 KB)
160496_59ac239227d9f.jpg 1920X1080 px

Posted on: 2017/9/3 10:48
Paul Menta
Key West First Legal Rum Distillery
 Top  Print   

Re: Air filter for 51 patrician, Steve that connects to carb
Just popping in
Just popping in

Keywestpackard
See User information
Here is motor

Attach file:

jpg  (104.94 KB)
160496_59ac258cd1d00.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2017/9/3 10:54
Paul Menta
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The blue cleaner you have is for a 53 and maybe 54 327 4 barrel as shown here in the first photo.

The standard cleaner for 51 lower end models is a round can assy that sits entirely above the carb. The optional oil bath cleaner (standard on Patricians) for a 51 - 52 has a longer resonance chamber and much shorter neck extending over the carb and is shown in the second photo.

Attach file:

jpg  (112.44 KB)
209_59ac2e2399113.jpg 1528X740 px

jpg  (44.15 KB)
209_59ac2e2c11049.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2017/9/3 11:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Keywestpackard
See User information
Wow, that's solves that! I appreciate the answer. What would you suggest I use for an air Cleaner? Doesn't have to be oil bath. Thanks again!
I will list this one for sale in case someone needs it.

Posted on: 2017/9/3 11:48
Paul Menta
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I would check with Kanter or Max Merritt or post in parts wanted for a 51-52 air cleaner in case someone here has one off a parts car. Both air cleaner versions should be fairly available although the long tubular style oil bath would be the correct choice for a Patrician. Here is a photo of the other version.

If nothing comes along and you are not concerned with authenticity there should be modern aftermarkets that would fit the carb -- maybe with an adapter. It was a standard Carter carb used by others of the era so some of the parts places should have something.

I am curious about the hose that is going inside the car connected to the vacuum port on the left side of your wiper motor. Is that port doing anything or just holding a hose? The port is only active when the wiper control is turned against a spring opposite the direction for the wiper operation and is normally connected to the windshield washer pump. When vacuum is present it makes the pump draw water into the system which expels when the knob is released and vacuum goes away..

Attach file:

jpg  (67.04 KB)
209_59ac3752096fd.jpg 790X557 px

Posted on: 2017/9/3 12:10
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Keywestpackard
See User information
I will talk to guys at max merit, they have been a big help. The hose is just being help till I get a wiper jar. I live on a small island so great to park in front of my rum distillery and want to use in parades ect we have here. I really love this car, amazing machine. Working on getting temp gauge working today as I am concerned in real slow parades if will heat up to much ect. So want to get accurate reading on temps at idle in gear. At this point I don't have any issues with over heating. This forum has really made life easier as I work on the car. Will it be a show car, probably not, will I drive a lot, yes!

Posted on: 2017/9/3 12:29
Paul Menta
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved