Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
73 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

55 questions
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

markinroseburg
See User information
1) need to replace front left window motor. FSM says to use a special tool to remove door handle? Similar to GM?

2) power steering seems not very power-like. My 57 chrysler is very agile in parking lots.....the Patrician...not so much. What should I expect?

3) washer fluid top has vacuum and electrical connections. Nothing hooked up.

4) heater core housing is removed from under right inner dash?
Thanks for the help guys
Mark

Posted on: 2018/7/15 19:06
 Top  Print   

Re: 55 questions
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
1. Not sure what GM tool looks like but maybe the same. Here is a generic tool I use and how it releases the clip.

2. Chrysler PS was described as being over boosted by a lot of reviews of the day. Packard frequently advertised their power steering as having more road feel than competitive models so it will be stiffer.

3. Check the accessories section 3, page 9 of 55-6 service manual. The install instructions for the washer shows vacuum and electrical hookup.https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/servicemanual5556/Sect3_Accessories.pdf

4. On 55-6 the entire heater removes from the engine compartment. Once the air duct, Bowden cable for the air vent valve and the hoses are disconnected there are some bolts on the flat plate midway and down near the round tube and a sheetmetal screw at box level holding he entire assy to the firewall. That is also shown in the accessories section. If you can reach your finger far enough between the back of the heater box and firewall or use a mirror, check to see if there are sheet metal screws present in the back. If the heater has ever been serviced there is a possibility the screws in back holding the top half of the box were left off. If they were the remaining screws on sides and front can be removed, top lifted off and core removed. If the screws in back are present the entire assy needs to come out to remove the screws.

Attach file:

jpg  (31.50 KB)
209_5b4bedf26caf3.jpg 800X471 px

Posted on: 2018/7/15 19:47
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved