Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
79 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 79

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Trouble ordering parts
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roundsy
See User information
I don't want to say the wrong thing about a company with a long history in antique auto parts so I'll try to walk on eggshells here. I called Kanter on October first to order a water pump for my motor. I was told there was one available in the warehouse so I ordered it. My card was charged the next day and I have not received the pump or any information about it since. I have been trying to contact someone to ask about it all day and no one picks up in the Packard department. When I reach customer service I get transferred to the Packard department again. No one has answered my voice mail and the last time I called the phone was out of order. I live in Connecticut and Kanter is in New Jersey. Is it wrong to think I should have my part? Again I don't want to say anything bad I just have not dealt with this company in recent years and I am not sure what to expect.
Don Rounds

Posted on: 2018/10/11 12:36
 Top  Print   

Re: Trouble ordering parts
Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
Hello Roudsy,

I am sorry for the trouble that you are having with contacting our Packard sales line. Unfortunately we have been having an issue with the phone system that relays to our Packard department today. If you would please pm me all your details ( name, address and model of Packard) or call me and I will be happy to look into your order status.

Thanks
James From
Kanter Auto Products
1-800-526-1096
Ext 316

Posted on: 2018/10/11 12:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't know if Hershey has anything to do with your timing and they are or were moving into a new warehouse over the last few months but having said that, even a year or two ago the shipping and packing seemed to take a long time compared to other vendors. Regular orders seem to be at least 2 weeks before anything leaves the warehouse and longer if it is something made to order. Max is sometimes slow too so I guess it is something we live with but it is a bit frustrating.

As to the phone, no change there. I try to order online for the most part but on the few occasions I had to phone in the phone did ring and ring and ring before someone would finally pick up -- and yes, if you go to the customer or regular line they transfer you back to the Packard line which starts ringing again. I think there are only a couple of people routinely in the Packard dept and if searching for parts or one is gone then I'm sure the other is overwhelmed.

Posted on: 2018/10/11 13:01
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roundsy
See User information
Thanks for the quick response James. I'm sure we will have this straightened out soon.
Don

Posted on: 2018/10/11 13:14
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roundsy
See User information
HH56,
As you can see I received a quick response from James at Kanter. He also called me and is looking into my order. The information you supplied is what I was looking for. As I said I have not dealt with them for years and then not for Packard parts so I simply did not know what to expect. I'm confident it will be okay.
Don Rounds

Posted on: 2018/10/11 13:20
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roundsy
See User information
I'm happy to say I received my water pump today. Whatever the misunderstanding was I must say the people at Kanter responded quickly and professionally! My thanks to James at Kanter for contacting me personally and keeping me up to date on the status of my part. I hope to get it installed quickly and get a little more time behind the wheel of this gem before it's time for the snow tires. Thanks again for the immediate response and resolution to this situation.
Don Rounds

Posted on: 2018/10/16 15:07
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved