Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
121 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 120

soulrenovation, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

23rd Series Headlight Switch -WTB
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

50 2382
See User information
Anyone have a headlight switch for a 48-50 Packard? Mine died.
Thanks,
Mark

Posted on: 2020/11/10 14:48
 Top  Print   

Re: 23rd Series Headlight Switch -WTB
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Did the switch physically break or could it just be in need of cleaning. If nothing is broken the switches can be cleaned. A former poster disassembled and cleaned his switches and posted some photos here:https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=133415#forumpost133415

The circuit breakers are another item that are known to fail. If not an outright fail then from age drift lowering the rated capacity to the point the normal current to the lights is enough to cause the breaker to trip and lights start to cycle on and off. The 30 amp stud mount type 1 self resetting breaker is available at Napa and can be changed separately.

Posted on: 2020/11/10 15:14
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Try David Moe, Seattle Packard:

dmoeenterprises@cs.com

Check out the "Packard Directory" on the left column of this website in the Main Menu section. You'll find lots of people who can help.

Good luck

Posted on: 2020/11/10 15:16
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

50 2382
See User information
Thanks Howard, great info in the link. My switch is definitely the culprit. The circuit breaker is passing battery voltage. The switch feels like it is not cycling. I was hoping to get a replacement as I bet there is an internal failure of the cog mechanism.
Mark

Posted on: 2020/11/10 15:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
I have a used switch available, but shipping from Canada to the US tends to be expensive.

Posted on: 2020/11/11 20:42
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved