Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 151

James Kallman, Dave Munger, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

55-56 NON-powerbrake owners.
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Is the hole in the toeboard for the NONpower brake pedal stem THE SAME hole as used for the TreadVac plunger????

Posted on: 2009/4/5 20:51
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Re: 55-56 NON-powerbrake owners.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I am not sure about that as the two cars would have different toeboards, particularly if the car had stick shift. There would be a part number for each toe-plate if you want to look it up.

Posted on: 2009/4/5 21:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There are different toe boards but by comparing the 2 location looks to be awfully close. I overlaid the 2 and while rotation is slightly off in the composite, the exits look almost identical. Of course, the shape of hole is different and there is a hump on the power brake one.

Attach file:

jpg  (15.09 KB)
209_49d96acec8281.jpg 400X281 px

Posted on: 2009/4/5 21:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Thanks Randy. I looked it up in the parts cataloug and the manual-brake toeboard is a different number from the power brake toeboard.

Still makes me wonder if the power brake toeboard COULD be used with a manual brake pedal. I doubt that the manual toeboard could be used with power brake due to the angled and raised indention in the powerbrake toeboard for mounting the tradlevac.

I've never seen a manual brake toeboard.

Posted on: 2009/4/5 21:42
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Thanks HH56!!! and note the position of the MANUAL master cylinder. About 7 inches rearward of the accelerator pedal ?????

BTW, do u own a Hudson Hornet???? I often wondered if that's what the "HH" stands for.

Posted on: 2009/4/5 21:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I was curious about the pedal location too. Earlier today on another thread someone ask if anyone had any experience with the electric power brake setup. I asked if anyone had investigated the possibility of using a street rod power brake setup under the floorboard and still keep the suspended pedal. Still not sure there is enough room--but if so, would open up some retrofit possibilities for those who want to eliminate the treadlevac.

No Hornets, the HH is my initials.

Posted on: 2009/4/5 21:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I can confirm that the toe board from a '53 Clipper with manual brakes and trans will fit a '56 Patrician with auto and power breaks. By fit I mean it will bolt on no problem. The pedals are in a different location between the manual brakes and power brakes though. Also, the brake and clutch pedal setup from the '51-'54 bodies will fit the '55-'56 cars with minor modification. Been there, done that.

Posted on: 2009/4/5 22:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
Eric is correct! that is exactly how both dragons are set up!

Posted on: 2009/4/6 20:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
The pedals are in a different location between the manual brakes and power brakes

Is the manual pedal just higher or is it located so far to the side the suspended power brake pedal in it's normal location wouldn't be able to push it?

Posted on: 2009/4/6 20:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
all the parts of the manual system are UNDER the car mounted to the frame below the floor. not at the fire-wall toe kick like the power systems. so there for the suspended pedal system would not travel in the same arc as the pedal system in a manual car.

Posted on: 2009/4/7 19:22
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved