Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
25 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 25

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Trunk lock 1938 Eight
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Oldrookie
See User information
Is there any way to remove the tumbler assembly from the trunk lock? I don’t have the right key for the lock and would like to key it to the ignition key. A very big thanks to anyone that can help me out.

Posted on: 2022/4/6 12:56
 Top  Print 

Re: Trunk lock 1938 Eight
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
To remove it, you would either need the key or the skills to pick the lock in order to turn it. Probably best to take it to a locksmith. The locksmith can remove the lock and (preferably) make a key from the key code that is stamped on the cylinder which will give a better chance of the key working in whichever other locks were the same on prewar cars.

Posted on: 2022/4/6 13:04
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Oldrookie
See User information
I was afraid you would say that. Lol

Posted on: 2022/4/6 13:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It’s really not that big of a deal if you take it in as an assembly but, of course, you could also find a mobile locksmith and have them come to you if you want to pay for the extra convenience.

Posted on: 2022/4/6 13:22
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved